Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am looking into purchasing a ZX6R soon and wanted to know what they would run in the quarter mile (ET and trap speed) with a good driver, not what you read in the magazines. Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Best I've gotten was a [email protected] (good drag riders can get high 10s, top drag riders got high 9s form the J series 2000-2002 bikes).

One of the guys on here who drag races (either C Hunter or 03blk) has their 2003 bike in the low 10s already.

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just picked up my '03 zx6r last Saturday. It sure feels a lot faster than my buddies '01 zx6r (but maybe not as much torque at low-end). Anyways, I'm hoping it runs in the 10's- totally stock. Possible?? Does anyone have any info on how fast the new 636's are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I was staing what a good driver would get, not a great driver ;)

low 11's for a good driver still stands IMHO ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
443 Posts
if you kids are into drag racing, why would you get a 600 [?][?] makes no sense to me. these bikes are meant for straffing apexes..straights suck ass just my thoughts.

"I'm from yeranus."

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by hotbag

if you kids are into drag racing, why would you get a 600 [?][?] makes no sense to me. these bikes are meant for straffing apexes..straights suck ass just my thoughts.
I do both. I don't have two bikes (yet).

BTW, Ryan Schnitz and some of the hard core 600 racers got high 9s form their J series ZX6Rs in 2002.

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey hotbag... just because you're a couple years older doesn't mean we're 'kids.' Of coarse you don't buy a 600 straight for dragging... but that said--- going 0 to 130 and covering a quarter mile in a little over 10 seconds is still a thrill!

I'm not sure if the message board is up to insult people.....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by AFTRHRS
Thanks for all of the replies.
10/11 sec. in the quarter is plenty fast for me :D
If you don't get your 10 sec 1/4 stay on the throttle until you feel your going fast enough:)

By the way sit back a bit and the bike will power wheelie in first gear no cluch jut WOT:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.