Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, some mother f's came and stole my bike early Tuesday AM probably 1-3am sometime. I live in Naples so if anyone hears anything or see's some red plastics being pawned off in Fla let me know if it looks suspicious.

Here's the kicker, I had just put insurance on the bike 1 freaking day before this happened Monday 9am to be precise. I feel like an idiot, a lucky idiot but hey, technically it's insured coincidental or not. I've been with my Insurance company for a while and have another bike insured through as well as my car by them so hopefully it will pan out ok.

Gah! The freaking timing, not that it's ever perfect but my wife and our first baby are arriving soon. Whoever took this bike better hope I don't find them because i dont really want to report them to the police.

Here's a pic. Since this picture was taken the bottom right fairing was changed to black due to the whole right side being damaged. The Right bar end is missing also. there is a scratch/dent on the tail right side very noticeable. Also the right side upper cowl has a nice scuff on it on the edge by the brake lever. Puig windscreen and FE kit. Almost forgot the right mirror is broken off, not it this is going to matter as it's probably in tons of pieces already. The rims are scratched on the right side also so they won't be able to claim them as new be on the lookout!!! If you look on the top right of the wheel in the picture you'll notice the scuff mark the rear is the same but a little less obvious.

·
Registered
545 Posts
u dont have a garage or a place to keep it at? Dealers should have a sign on the new bikes that says, "dont leave your freakin bike outside your house in the open!!" sry, these things happen too many times now...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u dont have a garage or a place to keep it at? Dealers should have a sign on the new bikes that says, "dont leave your freakin bike outside your house in the open!!" sry, these things happen too many times now...
By house I meant Condo.... I've been leaving the bike under the stairwell in the building, but was informed last week that i'm not allowed to have it there and if I continue to park my bike there they will tow it... There are no Garages either in our Condo Association.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What happened to those of you who got their bike stolen and reported to the insurance company. They told me they were sending someone to investigate. Anyone else get that?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
They ask you a shit load of questions. Who was the last to ride it, from, to, when you arrived, where you parked it, has anyone said anything strange to you recently to make u susspect they would steal it. Is anyone angry at you, have you listed you bike for sale or posted it for auction, tried to sell it, or has anyone tried to offer you money for it. Has anyone ever borrowed it, have you ever loaned it to someone. Do you have both keys still, did you get any keys made, has anyone worked on your bike. About a million stupid questions. Then they ask you if they locate it can they test the fluids for signs of mechanical breakdown or an up and comming breakdown. Reason being some people have been blowing up there bikes then tossing them in a lake, or burning them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They ask you a shit load of questions. Who was the last to ride it, from, to, when you arrived, where you parked it, has anyone said anything strange to you recently to make u susspect they would steal it. Is anyone angry at you, have you listed you bike for sale or posted it for auction, tried to sell it, or has anyone tried to offer you money for it. Has anyone ever borrowed it, have you ever loaned it to someone. Do you have both keys still, did you get any keys made, has anyone worked on your bike. About a million stupid questions. Then they ask you if they locate it can they test the fluids for signs of mechanical breakdown or an up and comming breakdown. Reason being some people have been blowing up there bikes then tossing them in a lake, or burning them.
Thanks skinny, I was thinking of someone coming and hooking me up to a lie detector test, going through phone records, looking at computer online history, 20 questioning the neighbors in the whole neighborhood etc...

·
Registered
443 Posts
By house I meant Condo.... I've been leaving the bike under the stairwell in the building, but was informed last week that i'm not allowed to have it there and if I continue to park my bike there they will tow it... There are no Garages either in our Condo Association.
so where was it when they took it? under the stairwell or in the parking lot?
did you call around to see if it were towed?

if everything is on the up an up i'd be happy if i were you. i read a while back that bike took a hard fall and by the description it doesnt seem like it was in the best of shape when it was taken... good luck to you man, i will keep my eye out and watch craigslist for you

on another note that dude that was running that bike chop shop in Collier/Lee counties was on the news last night. he will be spending some 5 years in prision with 12 counts of grand theft auto
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=20690&z=26

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was in the parking lot. Up until last week I left it in the stairwell but the condo association told me to take it out or have it towed. So I took it out and it got stolen instead Yay!... Yeah i've been looking online every day for parts craigslist,ebay, all the kawasaki forums, wera board etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts