Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to Bali Friday 19th and came back on Sunday 28th and to my horror some bastard had stolen my 99 ZZR 250,:( thankfully it was insured, I am now getting a ZX6R,[8D] please please people I need to know what most of you do to try and keep your bikes in YOUR hands.

Like maybe disc locks or those GPS alarms what please I cant afford insurance on a ZX6R, for a 7k 98 model it will cost me about 3500 to insure for the year, DAM!!!

Ok well anyone that can help please let me know, THANKS

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
No amount of security will keep a thief from taking your bike but there are things you can do to diminish the chances of this happening. I think the best thing is to keep it out of site and securely anchored. By that I mean puting a cover on it and locking it to a fence or to a post with a BIG chain (if kept outside).
If you have a garage then you can drill some holes in it and secure a couple of loops to the floor so you can put your chain through it while it's sleeping.
Alarms to me are a waste of money unless they are dick lock alarms.

Good luck with your new buy and hopefully this wont happen again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos

Alarms to me are a waste of money unless they are dick lock alarms.

Good luck with your new buy and hopefully this wont happen again.
dick lock alarms?!?!:D

That sucks about your bike. But hey, at least you're getting a brand new one that's faster and more powerful. Did anybody know you were leaving? Or was it just a coincidence?

·
Registered
605 Posts
So...you're not going to insure it?

If you can't afford to insure it, you should not get it...unless it's going to the track only.

Not raggin on you specifically, but uninsured motorists (cagers and bikers) are bad news.

Is insurance required down under? I don't know.

Anyway, like cyberdos said, attach it to something permanent with a big chain. I personally like a log chain.

·
Registered
127 Posts
you know what pisses me off to. bikes aren't that much money. i got a 2001 in perfect condition for 5000. they need to just save their money and buy their own crap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In reply to NinjaRider it was just a co incidence, the place at which it was left is about 15km from my home, it was behind a closed and locked garage door, at a drs house who is a family friend,I left it with him so it could be ridden while I was away, they must have seen him ride it or something and then when he drove his car to work the next morning they must have got it, you can see where it was taken out, they went in through a small side passage and ripped the bike out through that, there are peg scratch marks on the guttering and the bricks. The weird thing is you cannot see it in this garage, this side entrance is covered over by bushes and you have to sort of go by the side of the house to get into it there is no way you could just see it from the street.

In reply to Jlamb dude I know everything should be insured no here in australia its not the law to insure your stuff, but man I just cant afford the insurance, I really wish I could, and I am going to be so much more vigilant now, I would never not insure a car that is plain bad news, cars can do a lot more damage than bikes can, and I am going to buy one of those disc lock alarms and also going to put something in my driveway, like a wheel rack I guess and pass a big chain through it.

Thanks for the replys guys

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
this will help . she on guard 24/7[:M78]

41_fire has attached this file: hindle_2.jpg

she small but hurts like hell when she bites [:0]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If I ever brought my bike on campus, in the city, I would DEFINETELY loop a U-Lock into the front or rear wheel to make sure nobody rolled it away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.