Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that my brother-in-law's bike was just stolen. It was parked by his apartment. He lives in Allentown, PA. It was a green 2000 ZX-6R. It was my old bike. If anyone sees a bike being parted out on like e-bay or something, PM me, please. It was stock, except the zx-6r stickers were white with a black backdrop. His neighbors bike is also gone. I think it was a GSX-R.

·
Registered
185 Posts
sorry to hear that i know whay it feels like my was stolen a month ago ---I check ebay every night if i see anything ill pm you

Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:DWell, good news. The Philadelphia police recovered the bike. It appears that as the criminals tried to break into a lady's garage, she called the police. The police followed them and found them hiding in another garage with a plateless bike. They ran the VIN #, low and behold it was my brother-in-laws. The damage was minimal. Some scratches on the plastics and exhaust pipe. They also screwed up the steering lock as well as the one front disk (which had a disk lock on it.) The f-ed up part was the fact that he had to pay $119 to the towing company that picked it up after the cops called them, this was for transport and storage of the bike for a few hours. The cops called at 4 am and we picked up the bike by noon. It is about an hour and a half ride from Alentown to Philly, so it wasn't too bad. Just happy that he got his scoot back:D.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Excellent. Got the bike back and caught the perp. Now lets hope when in jail someone makes them their girlfriend.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Great news. With all the people going down and all the thefts this is really good news!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
What happens if you make a claim with your insurance and the bike is recovered after the claim was made? Will you have to return the money or what?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.