Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened to me 5 months after getting it. My bike was chained to a metal pole that was in concrete stairs leading to the back door and had on a disc brake lock. Well at 2:15 am 3 guys and a ford pick somehow cut the chain----it was a brinks lock and cable---and walked it to the truck cops missed them by 30 secs. I only know this because my neighbor had called the police. She didnt get a plate number.
To top it off my insurance company said I didnt have comprehensive or collision on the bike --- which is required in Connecticut.

So I am totally screwed I have paid 180 dollars toward the 8200 dollars it cost

Here is what it looks like ---like it will be found

although it did have a TBR slip-on exhaqust the round c4 carbon fiber one

Paul

·
Registered
207 Posts
oh man dude, im sorry to hear that. It's things like that that piss me off real bad. I'd be in your same situation cuz i only have liability. Do u live in residential or city area?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i live in a residential area and the cops here dont investigate motor vehicle thefts so it comes down to a pure luck situation that they get caught.. and thanx for the apologies --- never thought--- who me that wont happen ---- thats what i get for thinking

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
YEAH, YOU SHOULD'VE SAID IT WAS IN THE GARAGE OR INSIDE THE HOUSE. iF YOU MADE POLICE REPORT ALREADY THEN ITS TOO LATE.
opps sorry for the all caps

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yeah man, sorry for your loss! I always get worried because I only have a disc lock on mine, I'm looking into getting a chain. Thank god for insurance

·
Registered
232 Posts
i will face the bastard that stole mine in court monday, good lock man,,, sorry i been there and you cant sleep thinking were she is at,,or thinking if she its been abused//

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well for all those found out who stole it now hpw to get it back without going to jail--- solo custody of my daughter ----- The dude that stole it is a crackhead named Armen Amendola and he likes to sell the shit he steals to the Hells Angels out of Bridgeport Ct. ----- Fortuately my brother-in-law knows the prez. and made a phone call --- the prez. said if it shows up I WILL get it back. ----God I hope so or I wont be riding for a long time to come. And for those that say call the police ---- I wish I had enough proof to go to the cops the "reliable source" wont talk to the cops fear of a beating ---common friends.

Paul

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked into the home-owners insurance possibilty ---where i live i rent and my landlord has it stipulated that her insurance covers her stuff only ---they have a thing called renters insurance ---i never heard of it and i dont have---next bike i get is having that GPS thing or Lojack..

Paul

·
Registered
150 Posts
sorry to hear about your misfortune... i always worry about my bike when i go inside a store or whatever.. btw how did you manage only paying 180 for 5 months of ownership?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
good luck on that one. When you get the stuff back go over and give that crackhead a beating for all of us here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no unfortunately the "friend" says he doesnt know where the bike is now----i wish it was that simple that would be awesome ----Ken oh yea he is ken his whether or not i get the bike back ---some time in spring:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.