Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my first rolling stoppie today. i usually do little funny ones from about 15mph and just slam the front break and my wheel pops about a foot in the air. I did my rolling one from about 35 probly rolled about 5 feet before i stopped, it felt soooo good.

so heres my question, my buds say i make a pretty loud crunching noise when i land, is that just new suspension, or is it just loud, i don't wanna be breaking my bike when i work up to higher ones. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
A lot of that smacking noise is your chain smacking the swing arm. Just land em a little more gently and it will be ok.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the stoppies i've been doing end with my not moving... at slightly higher speeds, when i'm doing real stoppies how do you bring it down softer.. i've seen it done (on videos and stuff) but should i apply more pressure.. less pressure... i guess more pressure sounds like it should work, i don't know, i'm such a squid

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Your probally asking the wrong person cause i won't even attempt stoppies on my 636 but my 99' and my kx 125 i can throw a mean 30 or 40 ft rolling stoppies. Just start hard on the brakes then just kinda ease off just enough to keep it up and you should atart landing softer. Heres a piece of advice if you want it, learn on something other than your new bike cause you WILL F**K UP!!! I have wrecked my dirt bike so many times trying that stuff it's not even funny, but a dirt bike is much cheaper to fix than your bike!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i totaly realize i shouldn't be trying shit on my new shiney bike. i just have this draw, that makes me want it. I'm like, oh.. that looks like i could break something.. But i'm young and broke.. and this is the only bike i have. which is even more reason not to screw it up. oh well

·
Registered
22 Posts
i dont know i have never done it on a street bike but i have on dirt bikes and matbe you are letting go of the brake to soon and letting it drop to to just let it set down on its own

·
Registered
126 Posts
The snapping noise is your chain being snapped as it has to bring the rear wheel to a stop when the rear suddenly hits the ground again. Try hitting the rear brake while the rear is off the ground to stop it from spinning...when you come down you shouldn't get that snapping noise anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by HooliganTSi

The snapping noise is your chain being snapped as it has to bring the rear wheel to a stop when the rear suddenly hits the ground again. Try hitting the rear brake while the rear is off the ground to stop it from spinning...when you come down you shouldn't get that snapping noise anymore.
We have a winner folks[8D]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any suggestions on moving from stoppies to endos? I got stoppies down pretty good, my friend said he's seen my wheel up about 3 feet. But I dont know how to roll'em instead of looking like I hit a brick wall... Can somebody out there give a bit of a detailed description? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the only way you're going to get a good rolling one is hit the brakes at a higher speed....if i hit my brakes running about 50mph or so, i can endo about 10-12 feet....the faster you're going, the further you'll roll...it's a tough trick though, or at least i think...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.