Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out why i can't seem to pull on off. i managed one once by accident and just can't duplicate it... not really supper concerned with it just would like to be able to do it.. starting to get pretty good at wheelies guess i wanna expand on my abilities. when i get on the front brake it seems like to matter how hard i tag em the suspension takes alot of it up and it seems like the brakes never clamp hard enough.... any help?

·
Registered
164 Posts
trying to figure out why i can't seem to pull on off. i managed one once by accident and just can't duplicate it... not really supper concerned with it just would like to be able to do it.. starting to get pretty good at wheelies guess i wanna expand on my abilities. when i get on the front brake it seems like to matter how hard i tag em the suspension takes alot of it up and it seems like the brakes never clamp hard enough.... any help?
right before you brake, like a split second before you do literally slam your stomach to your tank (or lean your weight forward) and your initial brake should be pretty hard but not too hard.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dont slam your stomach into the tank, it is more of a fluid motion of smoothly pulling the brake and slightly pulling your ass off the seat. Get up to a 30mph roll or so and start the motion of leaning foward and smoothly pulling the brake. Dont use all 4 fingers, 2 is enough. Take small steps, each time using a little more brake until you feel the rear tire start to lift.

DONT double brake. by that I mean dont do a poppa stoppie(just grabbing a handful of brake to get the back tire up)and release the brake and then pull again. I have seen so many people go over by doing that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dont slam your stomach into the tank, it is more of a fluid motion of smoothly pulling the brake and slightly pulling your ass off the seat. Get up to a 30mph roll or so and start the motion of leaning foward and smoothly pulling the brake. Dont use all 4 fingers, 2 is enough. Take small steps, each time using a little more brake until you feel the rear tire start to lift.

DONT double brake. by that I mean dont do a poppa stoppie(just grabbing a handful of brake to get the back tire up)and release the brake and then pull again. I have seen so many people go over by doing that.
+1
on double braking, dont do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts