Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to redeploy, what should i do to store and prep my bike for the next year. I have front and rear stands, plan on draining the oil and replacing it with fresh oil, and removing the battery. what else?

·
Registered
391 Posts
clean and lube the chain really well. take some air out of your tires, but not a lot so you can't roll it around in the garage. and if you dont want to completely drain the fuel out, make sure you add fuel stabilizer to your gas and run the engine for awhile, even take it for a ride to get the stabilizer in the lines.

good luck and be safe

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I would cover it also even though it's in the garage. Sheets work good if you don't have a cover.

Be safe.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
owners manual outlines everything you should do

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
being a fellow soldier i know your pain...
If you cant find someoen to start it up form time to time...
as you started...
New oil and filter
Lube that chain BIGTIME
Fuel stabilizer
front and rearstands
Battery tender works great-both of mine had been on them for 6 months, and they worked just fine, 49 days and i will be with them again.
didnt experience any issues with the tire pressure cept they were 4-5lbs less air in the tires, refilled before riding again.
cover that bad boy up as well, the dreaded dust can suck.

and BE safe whereever you go, take care

·
Registered
89 Posts
I saw something on one of the bike shows on speed. They have like big bags you put over the bike and can seal it air tight and even buy the silicate packs to put inside it. I was thinking that would be a really nice thing to keep the rubber, and metal from getting all fubar'd after sitting for months on end. Keeps moisture out of the fuel, oil, and brake lines as well.

I'd pull the battery out if it's more than 3 months.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would sell it dude and get you a brand new bike with all that tax free money like I did or you can be conservative and prep it for storage. Sounds lucrative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm married so this may not pertain to you, but when I deployed I changed the oil, hooked up the battery tender and had my wife start the bike once a week. It sat for 8 months before I came home for R&R and all I did was top it off so my wife could keep starting it. When I got home I changed the oil, lubed the chain, and put about 7 PSI in each tire and it runs fine. I've put about 3K on it since I've been home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.