Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make straight cut gears for motorcycles? i know their out their for cars but how about bikes?
I think the sound would be sweet on a bike

·
Registered
452 Posts
Are you looking for different gears? Cause you already have straight cut gears. Thats why you don't need the clutch to shift =-)

I know if you want to pay enough money you can get different gear sizes made, but I don't think the reliability is the same as the stockers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if u have the diameter of the gear u want cut... and the spline count... any machine shop can cut if for you.... also... tell them u want it made out of 4140 or 4130 round stock and it will be stronger than any stock gear... if u want it really really hard.... get them to heat treat the 4140 or 4130 and it will be case hardened... down to 1/16th wall thickness....
gear cutting at a machine shop usually pay's by the hour... so the hourly rate will determine your price... the best way to go is get a quote from different shops and then ask if they will warranty their part.... just to cover your butt if it breaks and mess's up other componets....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts