Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my ER6N derestricted and came across a problem that reared it's ugly head that never appeared. I put everything back together in it's rightful spot, had someone who's good on working bike with me to be 100% sure I'm good even though I myself is pretty good at wrenching on bikes. Whenever I go hard on the throttle, the power would fall flat and there would be a whistling noise coming from the bike and it would carry itself out through the rev range. This mainly happens around 3k-5k RPM. However, if I roll onto it it's completely fine, goes like a rocket ship. When I go hard on the throttle above 6k RPM there's no issue. I have checked if there was a vacuum leak on the throttle body boot by spraying starter fluid around it and that's all sealed and completely fine. That's all I've checked so far. It feels like the secondary idle valves are closing up when I slam on the the throttle and is only able to catch itself up when I just roll onto it. This is a problem I can live with for now but when it was restricted it never appeared. I have researched this problem and someone said that there was a wiring loom problem and had to be replaced.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
124 Posts
This is normal sadly. Common problem with how they are tuned from factory and is exaggerated by the pair valve system. If you do a PAIR system delete it gets noticeable better but you can only truly fix it with a PCV or ECU tune. There is a post on the procedure here: ER-6N Pair valve and de-snorkulation, the easy way!
But I used the kit GR Rider recommended to me as it's a properly engineered solution.
Here are the link to the stuff:

If you're worried about damaging the bike, I've been running it like this for close to 30k miles now with no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is normal sadly. Common problem with how they are tuned from factory and is exaggerated by the pair valve system. If you do a PAIR system delete it gets noticeable better but you can only truly fix it with a PCV or ECU tune. There is a post on the procedure here: ER-6N Pair valve and de-snorkulation, the easy way!
But I used the kit GR Rider recommended to me as it's a properly engineered solution.
Here are the link to the stuff:

If you're worried about damaging the bike, I've been running it like this for close to 30k miles now with no issues.
I had a chat with a mate who is much older than me and has been working on bikes for years. he said that I just found a weird niche on the tune. Thought about doing a PAIR AIS but this help encourage me to do it now. I do know people just do it and doesn't effect the bike negatively but actually has improved the bike, this is coming from a person who did a PAIR AIS delete on a Honda VFR 800. Thank you for tell me that this will help out a bit. Eventually I'll get a tune on her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts