Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was bored and figured i would clean my airfilter today and check out under the tank, well i find 3 cracks in the frame, but w/e that not that big of a deal i am going to get it welded but i then procede to take off the filter cover, and i take out the filter and BAM WTF i found a bird nest in there and my filter was completely cogged with the shit, i took a pic but i guess it did not save for some dd reasion in my camera. It was an entire half the airbox full off old grass etc and bird feathers, awhile ago i had smelt something odd after running my bike for a while something dead like and i could never figure it out, Well i guess that the bird died or something no bird to be found though, so idk, but now that it is all clean inside the bike runs smoother and is alot crisper on the throttle response.
Ben

·
Registered
115 Posts
What the? how does a bird even get into the air filter??

I'm just imagining a cartoon -- - the back end of a Zx6,, press the ignition and BANG! and an explosion of feathers come flying out of the exhaust.

eh ? i once had a daddy long legs build a web on my bike .... . yup...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I come out every once in a while, and find squirrel prints all over my bike. They destroyed the cover on my last bike (OSI canvas cover). They haven't messed with this one yet though. That is a good question how the hell does a bird even get into the airbox? You sure it wasn't a mouse nest?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess its possible it could be a mouse nest, i have a feeling it is from the previous owner, he had it street firghtered and i think the fairing was off, so they could just get in the air duct, i just figured bird due to alot of feathers, I still cant figure exactoly how it got in though i have screens over the air intake....
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont know just got the bike about 2 months back and onlyabout 200 miles i put on it so far..
Ben

·
Registered
312 Posts
a small enough bird would be able to get in thru the intake pipes on either side of the bike. The ones that build nests that look like a cave.

you said it sat there forever...so anythign is possible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.