Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see the reason for a track style boot...Sidi or whatever..but the street boots seem to me do not offer more protection than a pair of "Doc's"....So what do others wear when ride to work every day. Do you keep an extra set of shoes at work ??...right now I ride with Doc's to work and have a set of track boots for weekends and track day

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My S-MX are with the Gore tex liner, and I like them. I've ridden over 30000 km in them, no problems so far. One seam holding the plastic ankle support in the left boot is coming loose but I'll get that fixed this winter.

Yup. I ride to work and then switch to something more comfortable. I've worn the S-MX all day couple of times (track days, longer tours etc.) and had no problems with good sports socks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wear the Alpinestars GPs. Very good feel when shifting. I also keep a set of shoes at work.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I wear regular thick leather over the ankle steel toe work boots with oil resistant soles. They are cheap, over good traction when you need to put your feet down and I have crash tested them and they work pretty damned well...

so if you're cheap like me, these might be an option...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I crash tested a pair of skechers boots, and they worked well. Of course, none of my other gear was damaged either, except light scuffs on my helmet. (didn't make a curve).

I've noticed that one thing that helps is to consistently wear the same footwear. when I switch is when i have difficulty feeling the shift or brake levers. I have 3 diff colors of the same style in the skecher's boot so it works out nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.