Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on turning my crashed 2000 ZX-6r into a streetfighter bike. Here's some pictures of the work so far. It used to be the racing green and black color. The primered areas will be painted satin black soon and I painted the wheels bronze. Does anyone know If there are backets for sale that can mount the instrument panel the triple trees? If not I guess I can make my own. I hope no one else asked this question earlier.[:p]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tazman 34685. That site was inspiring and very helpful. Glad you like what i've done so far thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I said from the first time I saw a streetfighter for these guys I think I was the onwer's GSXR 1300 If the zzr ever went down that I would have no problem making it a Fighter. Good Luck with your creation, Please keep us updated Thanks

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I like your style, jaynoche. [:M86]

Keep us informed of how it goes.

Edit: I haven't seen any mounting brackets, but I've seen some pretty cool LED and LCD "gauges" for streetfighters. Some are expensive (~$950.00), some not so expensive but would require some milling/machining of the triple clamp. The end result would be well worth it though, and incredibly cool.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice work man, the bare stock headlight gives it a sort of SV look to it. Good to see another fighter in the midst.

For your gauges, I`ve never seen any mounts that attach to your triples, but I know it wouldnt be difficult to make your own. If you look up Veypor or other aftermarket guages, I know they come with a mounting bracket that you might be able to buy seperately, I don`t know where it mounts though.

What are your plans for the bike?

Mine has custom "alien" lights and fairing all done by myself
zx7r front suspension
Stubby exhaust
"custom" air intakes
grab bars removed
Z1000 bars and brake lines to reach
side panels on the fender taken off and fender trimmed a little bit

Plans:
Right now I have a race tail fairing off a 96-99 gixxer on the way, I`ll modify it and make a new subframe for it
Still working on a 636 swingarm conversion
I`d like to do a 636 front end too but we`ll see
Probably down a tooth or 2 on the front sprocket
and probably mod my headlight again
Also go for a black paint scheme with an offset silver race stripe - ducati style

Personally I`m going to loose the insterments and just go with a cyclecomputer. Yours has more of a nose though so you could probably keep yours and make it look good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suggest getting aftermarket gauges or the cyclecomputer. I turned my bike into Fighter for a little, and had lights mounted that look like the Triumph Speed Triple. But I tried to mount the gauges, and it looked like ass

I like the Fighter look. Good luck and have fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input! Can you post some pictures? Id love to see your streetfighter. Sounds like you did alot of work to it.
I plan on swaping out the headlights for a single(It looks good in photos but it just doesn't look clean in person), getting some sort of fender eliminator, helibars, exhaust, change sprockets maybe two teeth down. That's all I have planned for now.
Originally posted by Candyman
Nice work man, the bare stock headlight gives it a sort of SV look to it. Good to see another fighter in the midst.

For your gauges, I`ve never seen any mounts that attach to your triples, but I know it wouldnt be difficult to make your own. If you look up Veypor or other aftermarket guages, I know they come with a mounting bracket that you might be able to buy seperately, I don`t know where it mounts though.

What are your plans for the bike?

Mine has custom "alien" lights and fairing all done by myself
zx7r front suspension
Stubby exhaust
"custom" air intakes
grab bars removed
Z1000 bars and brake lines to reach
side panels on the fender taken off and fender trimmed a little bit

Plans:
Right now I have a race tail fairing off a 96-99 gixxer on the way, I`ll modify it and make a new subframe for it
Still working on a 636 swingarm conversion
I`d like to do a 636 front end too but we`ll see
Probably down a tooth or 2 on the front sprocket
and probably mod my headlight again
Also go for a black paint scheme with an offset silver race stripe - ducati style

Personally I`m going to loose the insterments and just go with a cyclecomputer. Yours has more of a nose though so you could probably keep yours and make it look good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the Speed Triple! Do you have any pictures of your bike with those headlights. I've been considering either the single or twin headlights but I can't make up my mind.
Originally posted by rangerman2bn
I suggest getting aftermarket gauges or the cyclecomputer. I turned my bike into Fighter for a little, and had lights mounted that look like the Triumph Speed Triple. But I tried to mount the gauges, and it looked like ass

I like the Fighter look. Good luck and have fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pictures. Looks great and it doesn't look like you have a hard time seeing in the dark. I like the intake tubes and the stubby exhaust. Did you have to make those two or does a comapany make them?

Also, thanks for all those websites I would have never found them if it weren't for you, I guess I just enter the wrong stuff when I do searches or I'm not looking hard enough.[:p]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Solved the mount issues, I just made my own. I couldn't afford the Veypor because I'm starting the Police Academy next semester so I had to quit my job. Thanks for all the input guys and here's some pictures before I finnish up the paint work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man looks like you might have a long way to go! Do you have a motor yet and what kind of bike is it? The black swing arm is nice, I'm thinking about painting the frame and swingarm loss gloss black If I ever get enough time to pull everything off the frame.
Originally posted by burplezx6r
WooT.......here is my start of the street fighter.....its not a kawasaki but part of it will be....

·
Registered
945 Posts
The swingarm is from a 04 zx6rr complete with shock/hugger and rear wheel when I find one for a fair price.

The frame itself is a katana frame.

The motor is going to be either a new 750 or a bandit 1200 engine.

Fairings, Im lookin into either doing gsxr sides/front or leaving it partially naked. It depends on how I like the look of the bike as it progresses.

Im hacking the stock tail off and using either a ninja tail or a R6 tail....havent looked into a CBR but may do that as well.

After I do the swingarm I have to cut the lower subframe rails so I bought a set of 04-05 gsxr rearsets....

Front suspension is going to be a full gsxr setup with the possibility of switching to r1 forks/wheel/brakes.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do haha.....I already have the rearsets and all of the swingarm minus the wheel and brake rotor. Im hopefully getting the gsxr setup in a couple days for the front.....then time to save for the motor

Money wise Im not in deep at all. I bought the bike for $550 and I have made around $200 in parts Ive sold and still have some to go. I havent invested any extra money into the bike other than what Ive made from selling parts off it

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by jaynoche
I'm working on turning my crashed 2000 ZX-6r into a streetfighter bike. Here's some pictures of the work so far. It used to be the racing green and black color. The primered areas will be painted satin black soon and I painted the wheels bronze. Does anyone know If there are backets for sale that can mount the instrument panel the triple trees? If not I guess I can make my own. I hope no one else asked this question earlier.[:p]
Wow! I'm impressed with how the headlights look like a Praying Mantis! Great work!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.