Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't do them that often any more, but if I stated to I have and would. I used to take them off incase I threw it away.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Doesn't one gallon of gas weigh around 15 lbs too? Seems like a lot of work to take off the plastic to ride a few wheelies,,,would save you money if something went wrong though, I guess.

·
Registered
315 Posts
this may be a "mr. obvious" question, but does anyone else remove all fairings to do wheelies? on my 02 there is such a pronounced difference in wheelies im considering leaving the fairings off. i got easy 3rd gears at 100 for like 1/2 mile which is very good for me. i guess that 15 punds or so of plastic really makes a difference

·
Registered
223 Posts
eltorito, I do NOT want to know how you know that[:eek:)] My point being wheelies are easier when the tank is less than full, also missing plastic on a bike says "wrecked it" to me when I see it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah, gas is just that side of 8 lbs a gallon.

As far as streetfighters go, you're losing about 40 lbs in plastic. I think once I get done polishing (ha!) I'm keeping the plastic off. Now I have to figure out where to mount my turn signals on the front.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i really do like the way a streetfighter looks and handles. but as another member put it the bike says wreked when you see it. what about the headlights, is it illegal to run without lights in the day? turnsignals in front?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Actually my headlight looks super cool mounted up there. I'll be sure to get pics in about a month when my lazy rear end finally finishes polishing. I'm still thinking about the turn signals.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive decided today that the fairings arent coming back. i never go past 120 anyway. im going to make some sort of strap metal mounting for the bottom of the headlight so it wont break the upper tabs when i wheelie. streetfighters look awesome, i guess its just a midwest thing, right iowa?:D

can you post pics of how you held down the headlight? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.