Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been running a strut on my bike at the strip,its lowered an straped as well as extended 6. a fellow racer told me to switch back to my shock an id pick up 2tenths. anyone on here ran a strut then switched to a shock or vice versa?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never heard the shock refered to as a strut before. What exactly do you have on the back??? Pic??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i replaced the shock with a strut for drag racing. it makes the rearend solid. (no suspension).

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know about a strut set up but, when I lowered my bike 4 inches, the suspension was extremely stiff w/ almost no travel. The problem was when I launched, the power was instantly transferred to the rear tire causing it to spin badly. I imagine that it is even worse for you with a stretched swingarm. I raised my bike back up 2 inches and it hooks up better with minimal wheelspin. Replacing your strut with a shock should net you the same results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna try goin back 2 my shock an lowering links this weekend. it hooks pretty good with the strut,im pullin 1.6 60 footers. just lookin for a little more E.T. trying to stay ahead of my brothers 05 zx10R.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice 60s. My best 60 so far is 1.77. I lowered the forks 1 inch but, I don't have a strap yet. I know the strap will help tremendously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.