Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of new tires are I am looking at either the Michelin Pilot Road 2's or the Pilot Powers. The Pilot Road 2's are considered a "sport touring" tire with great tread life while the Pilot Powers are considered a "hypersport" tire. I don't plan on ever riding on the track, mainly just street riding, but I do want a tire that can handle an occasional twisty road. What do you guys think? There's a chart of the 2 tires I posted. Thank you all.

2005 Kawi ZX-636

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
For road riding you won't need any more than the PR2s... Plus they're pretty good in the wet. If you're pushing the boundaries of those tires on the road, you should be at the track.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Get the PR2's. I had a set, railed them and they held up fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the Power Pures, I do not have a single complaint on them.... I mainly do streets and the other day learned how good they are in the rain.....

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
i have Pilot Power 2CTs on the 10R right now. not as impressed with them as i was with my 5 sets of BT-016s(run on 3 different bikes). switching back to them when i wear the 2CTs out, unless i have a track day or trip to deal's gap imminent, in which case it'll probably be a set of BT-003RS. though i prefer outright grip to longevity when it comes to tires, and i have a knack for getting unholy commuting life out of a set of sport rubber.

it's all about what you want to do. you said you never plan on tracking your bike, just the occasional twisty road. the PR2s will probably have plenty of grip for the kind of riding you'll be doing and your skill level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts