Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tranny had misshifted awfully bad between 1st and 2nd. It drove fine for 2miles after that. Now the transmission is stuck in 6th gear. It was able to shift up yet it was pretty hard. Now it won't shift down at all. I am leaning towards the shift fork binding on a bent shaft. Is it possible at all to change the forks without splitting the case? I have a complete 03' transmission just hurting since the rebuilt top end only has 700miles on it :eek:

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
no sir, sadly, its impossible to gain any access to the trans without splitting the cases, which will take a few hours of solid disassembly if the motor's already out of the bike..

thats an all-day affair, and you might wanna clear a weekend..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to dodge a bullet on this one. Took off the side cover and noticed the back shift fork shaft broke where it is held in place by the metal clip. I slid a dowel rod through the broken shaft and slid it out, then slid the new one in. Shifts perfect again, still waiting for gaskets though.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
wow.. nice job man! lol.. i never really looked at the setup if that could be done, but, i stand corrected.
good deal!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.