Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple nights ago i was riding with a buddy.. whenever i would nail the throttle and take it up to high RPM's it would stumble bad.. it loses all power at like 12,000 - 12,500.. i dont know if its jetting but its completely stock.. the bike just started doin this that night... just thought i'd see if anyone knew whats wrong. thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds like you described exactly what my bike started doing two days ago. I haven't really had a chance to check it out. But just before I noticed it, I had filled up on gas at an unfamiliar station. I'm gonna run this tank dry today, and go from there. I've got about 6,500 miles on mine, so I think I'm due to change the plugs, and clean my air filter. I'll let you know what happens, and vice vesa.

I'm a recovering work-aholic, and I haven't done a damn thing for 6 months.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my bike just has no power after 12,000 rpm... its frustrating.. but the bike runs smooth until that point.. i'm gonna try a few things this week..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it doesn't rev up, it does the opposite.. it stops and makes no power.. its like your hittin the rev limiter at 12,000 rpm.. and it only does it when i twist the throttle hard.. if i just gradually take it to redline it does it.. but when i get on it hard it stops.. its fucked up.. i dont know whats wrong with it

·
Registered
83 Posts
when was the last time you got gas. It could be a tank of bad gas. Check your fuel filter and see if its dorty ans also if you know how to take the carbs off check your jets to see if there dirty.

WWW.bendoe.com
VEGAS KNIGHTS

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestions guys.... i just drained the tank so its not gas... i'm gonna pull the plugs and check the gap and leads.. thanks again.. i'll keep ya'll posted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.