Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i didn't think i'd ever get pulled over on my bike but i did :(...i was following my friend and i sped up to keep up with him side by side..we were in a 55 mph and going maybe 60-65 i don't remember..but i see the cop so i slow down easily..see him and another cop pull out and get me..they pull me over cause i was on the bike and thought i'd run??? on a 250 no way..but i got a ticket for not having my motorcycle's endorsement..which i had a permit but washed it just a few days before so that didn't help..also careless/prohib driving but they didn't even clock me? oh well i got off pretty good i guess

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I missed the part where the cops were stupid :dunno:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well maybe they weren't stupid..but i was barely even speeding and they said the reason they pulled me over and not the other guy was because motorcycles usually run..so i get the ticket because i'm on a bike?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont think they pulled you over because they thought you would run....thats exactly why cops almost never pull bikes over down here, because they DO run and the cops know they have no chance of catching them.

Anyways....riding without an endorsement after washing your permit....I see where this thread is going. :popcorn:

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Yeah, I guess it's just discretion. if you feel its unfair you could try to fight the ticket. Sometimes though you gotta pay to play.

Sux that that happened to you tho. Oh yeah, get that endorsement pronto, definitely before the hearing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you take it to court or accept the ticket? I would think if you took proof of your endorsement they would drop the ticket and most likely the careless driving one too. I once got pulled over for speeding in a car I had just gotten and I did not have an insurance card for it yet. The cop did not give me a ticket for speeding but for not having insurance. I took it to court and showed them proof of my insurance and they dropped it immediately. I never even had to see the judge or anything. I would think the ticket for not having your endorsement would be similar.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If the OP did actually have a valid permit then i do think it was stupid of the cop to give him a ticket. Not everyone can drop all they are doing just because the gov and the DMV say you have to have the paper at all times. If he did wash it but had obtained a legal and valid permit, the he was riding legally. Not that this is the case here, but most of you do realize that entire purpose of registration fees are to make money right? And 90+ percent of tickets are for the same. Some people get pulled over because they are a danger, but most are for revenue alone. Speed limits are more about revenue than safety mind you. Of course we do need speed limits, however someone going 10 over on a bike is less of a safety hazard than a person doing 5 under in a semi. Limits are mostly arbitrary numbers. A true safety minded limit would factor in more than just an arbitrary number.

Ok time to flame me:violent:

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I missed the part where the cops were stupid :dunno:
Hello mirror?? Who is the most stupidest?? The cops?? NO!?!? Why not!?!?

Stupid ass cops... pullin people over for doin 15 over. Then they have the nerve to ticket them for not having their paper work on them, Bastards.
Exactly.

Your next thread should be titled "Why would this tree jump in front of me when I was only going 75 in a 30?"

--David

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello mirror?? Who is the most stupidest?? The cops?? NO!?!? Why not!?!?

Exactly.

Your next thread should be titled "Why would this tree jump in front of me when I was only going 75 in a 30?"

--David

You don't think its stupid that the cop blatently came out and said he pulled him over rather than the car becuase he thought the bike would run?

Basically just admitted to profiling, That sounds pretty retarded to me...

As far as i understand the OP isn't trying to say that the cop is stupid for giving him a ticket for going 15 over but for profiling

Some poeple live for internet flaming

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Stupid ass cops... pullin people over for doin 15 over. Then they have the nerve to ticket them for not having their paper work on them, Bastards.
In Arizona, 15mph over the speed limit is a criminal offense and in some cities will get you taken straight to jail.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
well one the ticket for no permit/endorsement will disappear if you take a copy w/ you to court & explain your washing situation, as for the speeding well it depends on how busy the road was, in indiana they can give you a reckless driving for 10 over if the traffic is right etc.. if your that worried about it go get a lawyer & have him take care of it & it will stay off you record

·
Registered
679 Posts
well i didn't think i'd ever get pulled over on my bike but i did :(...i was following my friend and i sped up to keep up with him side by side..we were in a 55 mph and going maybe 60-65 i don't remember..but i see the cop so i slow down easily..see him and another cop pull out and get me..they pull me over cause i was on the bike and thought i'd run??? on a 250 no way..but i got a ticket for not having my motorcycle's endorsement..which i had a permit but washed it just a few days before so that didn't help..also careless/prohib driving but they didn't even clock me? oh well i got off pretty good i guess
ok well maybe they weren't stupid..but i was barely even speeding and they said the reason they pulled me over and not the other guy was because motorcycles usually run..so i get the ticket because i'm on a bike?
Someone here is stupid and I have a feeling it isn't the cops. So if an IRS auditor catches someone commiting tax fraud, they are stupid? If a cashier rings out your purchase, are they stupid? A cook cooking, is he stupid... Hopefully you aren't that stupid and can see where this is going.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If the OP did actually have a valid permit then i do think it was stupid of the cop to give him a ticket. Not everyone can drop all they are doing just because the gov and the DMV say you have to have the paper at all times. If he did wash it but had obtained a legal and valid permit, the he was riding legally. Not that this is the case here, but most of you do realize that entire purpose of registration fees are to make money right? And 90+ percent of tickets are for the same. Some people get pulled over because they are a danger, but most are for revenue alone. Speed limits are more about revenue than safety mind you. Of course we do need speed limits, however someone going 10 over on a bike is less of a safety hazard than a person doing 5 under in a semi. Limits are mostly arbitrary numbers. A true safety minded limit would factor in more than just an arbitrary number.

Welcome to America. Not flaming you, its just the way it is.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
I hate cops for doing thier jobs. Getting people who are just breaking the law. WTH are they thinking? geeze...

idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I thought North Dakota was slow but if you still have a paper permit...LMAO..atleast ND uses a plastic card, just like your drivers license but it says "PERMIT" on it. I know here they CAN drop the ticket IF you produce your paperwork but IF they want to proove a point and make an example out of you, they don't have to drop it. You're required by law to carry ALL your paperwork with you anytime you drive or ride.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts

lmao! it's called no proof of indorsment. the cop was doing his job

1 - 20 of 80 Posts