Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way to pay my rent yesterday i dropped my bike. :(. the place i have to pay it at has a dirt driveway and i knew this. as i approached the driveway i had slowed way down and was turning on the street so i would enter the driveway straight on, not leaning in a turn. it was dark and i could not see the gravel that had begun to collect on the street. at about 5-10 mph. the bike slipped right out from under me and i was down in half a second. i'm ok, just some sore knees [i sound like i'm 50, but really only 19]. so now my clutch lever is broke, my clutch cover and left fairing are scratched nicely and so is my stock front turn signal. and of course i'm about to leave to go to bike nite at hooters in toledo ohio with my dad [gotta love the breasts there.....chicken breasts.....] to make a long story short, i have some money i'll be spending now, anyone got any of those parts i listed? and some frame sliders??? i'll bring a blanket with me tonite so noone has to see my scratched up beauty....[B)]

·
Registered
133 Posts
sorry to hear about your bike man, i don`t have any of those parts and i`m in canada anyway...but hope you can get her all fixed asap.

so i take that your still riding even with the damage?? well you should, wouldn`t want to waste some good riding time!

Ride hard or don`t ride at all

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, definatly still riding her. here in MI its the best riding days i can get. i should just carry a blanket with me and cover her up when shes parked so noone can see her bruises....[:p]

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Why carry a blanket to cover the scratches? It just sounds like the damage is minimal. If the bike is legal and ridable, (and safe) then ride it.

I think I'd rather look at a bike with a scratch on it rather than a bike with a blanket on it.

Perhaps while you are at the bike show you can network with some fellow riders and maybe find some parts cheap.

Also a scratch can be a great conversation starter with the chicks. [:p]

-Flash

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, good point....."hey, wanna see my bruise???:(" hahaha. yeah, i'm definently still riding the bike and the damage is minimal. i just want to hurry and get it fixed before heading down to the myrtle beach fall bike ralley the first week of Oct. anyone else heading over there?

·
Registered
298 Posts
hey i know how that gravel is! i caught some this weekend, scrached her pretty bad, got alittle road rash on my elbow nothing major, the major part is my bike!! the left side is scractch, signal gone, shift lever bent. heal guard bent, up fairing scrached. rear fairing scrached. my major is a broken coller bone. but nothing major. worse thing about it...i was going 14mph thru the turn! how embarresing is that?? so she will be off the road for awhile, im having insurence take care of it. maybe get them to replace that stock can! im thinking a high mount mig pipe, a friend of mine has it on his R6 and i love it!
everyone be careful out there, this just goes to show it can happen at any speed. i was lucky i didnt have anything else brake.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by amvenne

yup, definatly still riding her. here in MI its the best riding days i can get. i should just carry a blanket with me and cover her up when shes parked so noone can see her bruises....[:p]
haha too true on the short summers bro... i was born and raised in the north end of the Upper Peninsula, got smart and moved to south texas lol ride year round here man =) however i miss snowmobiling =(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm jealous. i moved here from FL about 4 years ago but back then, i was too young to drive, my dad drove year round though....lucky him. but i cant complain cuz when i put away the bike, out comes the polaris 600 triple snowmobile.....:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
^5's amvenne i still own a 97 indy ultra 680 triple in michigan for sale =)) fun sled... never got a chance to ride it as much as i would have liked to.. but oh well id rather ride on the road when its warm =)

·
Registered
129 Posts
my stupid driveway at my duplex is gravel...

i've went down on my old bike (kaw super sherpa) had cut through a field and had about an inch and a half of mud on my tires, went on the to concrete, didn't even lean turned a tiny bit, bikes flys out from under me and slids about 8 feet.. (right infront of about 40 kids at a daycare... most of them thought i was cool for not getting hurt though ;p)

on my ninja i ride with my feet on the ground if its not perfectly clean... it's never worth dropping your bike...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.