Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cleaning my bike and noticed I have a damn nail in my front tire :( It's straight in to the head of the nail, about 1/2 inch off dead center. Looks like I am going to be getting those new tires sooner than I thought...now just to come up with the money after buying the Alter Ego pants yesterday lol...damn this sucks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I wouldn't ride on it. They can stay in pretty well like that without causing a problem, but you never know when it may start to slip out during a ride, and then you have major problems.

just my $.02

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had 2 nails in my brand new qualifire rear tire and just plugged them and put the "slime" in there. i took it up to 180 indicated on the highway to see if anything would happen, so far nothing and its been about a month and i use my bike everyday i dont even lose air pressure faster then normal or anything. i just dont have the money for a tire yet. but i dont know if it would be the same for the front

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not going to ride on it...just to be safe. I'm calling today to get some prices...man I don't really have the money for the tires I "want"...might end up having to settle for a stock front tire to replace for now, who knows...have to wait and see what price they give me.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Eek, dont ride it, the centrifical force of the spinning tire may fling the nail out and you go down.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Originally posted by Tach Happy
Eek, dont ride it, the centrifical force of the spinning tire may fling the nail out and you go down.
True it could but everytime the nail hits the pavement it'll be pounded back in so it'll never come out.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Quit being cheap, take the dang tire off anf have it patched. I ahve been riding or driving for almost 18 years and have never had a problem with having a tire patched.

I have taken several well over the posted speed limit and never, ever had a issue. They will hold up fine and that will give you time to get your funds in order to replace them with the tires you want.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't ride it either except straight to the shop to get the new tire on. Even then I would take it easy. I had a rear go flat on me cucz of a nail, that was bad enough, I would hate to see a front go flat..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thats why you guys need to become good friends with your local dealers parts guy.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I'm taking the bike in next saturday (0ct 7th) and they are putting some pilot powers on [8D]
I worked some overtime today, and working tomorrow...so theres my money WOOHOO :D
I wanted new tires...this just made it happen sooner lol..oh well it will all work out okay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.