Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some Diamond frame sliders and I'm not sure where to put them. It looks like there are two possible spots - one down low in the front and one farther back and higher up by my knee.

The higher spot looks like it would be too high to hold back the asphalt before the bottom half of the plastic gets ripped off and the lower spot is bolted to what looks like a 3/8" piece of angle iron - not terribly sturdy.

Where should I put these?

Thanks!!!

Jacob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I found this warning on their site:

Warning: Our ZX6/ZX9R (98-02) frame slider comes with a 6mm bolt that is not attached to the frame and thus may snap in case of an accident.

Should I have gone with a different set of sliders for this bike? I just told the guys at CycleGear what I had and this is what they recommended.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, those are basically for show, not for go. they mount to the faring because to have a true frame mount, you have to relocate the coolant. if you want the real deal, look at yoyodyne or r and g. they are more expensive though. good luck!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Those diamond frame sliders i would put in the bin

On my 2000 model i had a set from Rhencullen racing based in the isle of man.
These fit without any modification to the fairings therefore no relocation of the water bottle.
They are more expensive but the kit is very comprehensive.
Both mushrooms (sliders) protrude out of the fairing across the front edge of the engine and are connected directly to each other and the engine.
They still advertise them on their website see link.

http://www.rhencullen.net/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Crash_protection_214.html

I never drop the bike at speed,slow speed yes, and they were worth the money.
i have a friend who has them fitted to his zx9 and they saved his fairing on more than one occasion.

I hope this is useful.
Wouldnt touch the fairing bolts mushrooms they damage more than they save

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.