Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been discussed previously. I'm new to motorcycling and have just bought my first big bike, zzr600 2003.

Every time I go out on it, when I get back there is some weird substance on the right hand exhaust pipe, only ever the right side. At first I just thought I'd rode through something.

I can't see anything leaking, but it must be something. Please help someone! The pictures are when it's been particularly bad, not usually that bad.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
40,799 Posts
It's on the outside of the heel guard. I can't see any way for brake fluid to get there. Also, brake fluid would just leave an oily residue, not that white stuff. Brake fluid will destroy paint almost instantly, so if there is any on a painted surface, the paint would be peeled. Whatever this is looks to me like it comes from further forward...or ran down your leg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I thought was bit weird how it's not affected the paint. And on way home from work it's not there at all now, did take it a lot easier though. I'm unsure to be honest!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Green makes several valid points.

There are 5 fluids in your bike:-

Engine Oil
Petrol
Brake Fluid
Fork Oil
Coolant

Get checking, my dude.

On a side note, where in this green and not-so-pleasant land do you reside?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found the cause of the leak anyways guys, had the fairing off to service it and the coolant hose from the tank is slightly weeping. I've put a new spring hose clamp on it and so far so good, fingers crossed its not the hose or tank itself!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally from Telford so don't really have the northern twang 😁
I moved up here from Luton (the gruffnut on the arsehole of the world) back in 1996.

Found the cause of the leak anyways guys, had the fairing off to service it and the coolant hose from the tank is slightly weeping. I've put a new spring hose clamp on it and so far so good, fingers crossed its not the hose or tank itself!
Good job dude, it's not as scary as one might expect.
The only thing I won't do is delve into my engine, I know my limits.

Was in Liverpool last week for the Eagles gig!
And you didn't even pop in for a cuppa and to touch tips.
I thought we were bffs.

😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I moved up here from Luton (the gruffnut on the arsehole of the world) back in 1996.

Good job dude, it's not as scary as one might expect.
The only thing I won't do is delve into my engine, I know my limits.

And you didn't even pop in for a cuppa and to touch tips.
I thought we were bffs.

😂
😂😂 next time Nobcat!

Turns out is the hose I think, still weeping, have ordered new one to fit at weekend.

How long you guys been riding?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts