Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Used '01 ZX6R w/yoshi pipe and some aftermarket turn signals meh. Im wonderin what are some great mods others have tried. What kind of pipe you guys recommend, someone mentioned a muzzy but i kinda like the carbon fiber housing on mine.:violent:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Do not put a ZX10R swingarm on it.

Is it your first bike? What kind of riding do you do with it?

Reactions: LarryJ

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
And please post in the appropriate forums. This section is for newbie introductions only.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And please post in the appropriate forums. This section is for newbie introductions only.
My bad man, just wanted to start with something other than:" hi" or "They made me do this". If it makes me a better person I still am a squid.

Do not put a ZX10R swingarm on it.

Is it your first bike? What kind of riding do you do with it?
Yeah its my first ride and I love it man, i use it mostly for pleasure riding and the off and on commute. Id like to take it to the track one day but too broke and inexperienced for that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Learn to ride the bike properly and then focus on mod's. I know that may come off as sounding rude, but its just the truth =/.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Learn to ride the bike properly and then focus on mod's. I know that may come off as sounding rude, but its just the truth =/.
I know thats what I have to do, so thats why this is more of a passing fancy than an actual "mods" post. Not worried at all, like i said, I wanted to start something different the "Hi, my name is..." :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know thats what I have to do, so thats why this is more of a passing fancy than an actual "mods" post. Not worried at all, like i said, I wanted to start something different the "Hi, my name is..." :cool:
I guess I might as-well give some ideas, instead of just sounding like a dick :p.

If you don't really like the Yoshi, but like the carbon aspect, maybe look into a Leo-Vince or maybe a Two Brothers.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
One of my favorite mods was to cut my Yoshi pipe down about 5", sand, prime, and paint it black. It looks a lot better, and being shorter doesn't make it much louder from what I can tell. Another great thing about this mod is that it was very inexpensive and was a total do-it-yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my mods, but a Yoshi pipe was mentioned and this mod was the first I thought of. I also love my 07/08 ZX6R swingarm, 05/06 ZX6R wheels, 05/06 ZX6R forks and triple trees, 03/04 ZX6R tail swap, etc, etc. There's a shit-ton of stuff you can do to that bike.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I would say put some good frame sliders on it. Make sure you get everything on it working as it should be, chains, brakes, suspension in working order, etc.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
That your bike, Larry? Looks sharp!

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
That your bike, Larry? Looks sharp!
That's my girl alright. There's a different undertail on there now (not hacked up like that one), plus I added '09 CBR600RR front calipers and master cylinder. God damn does this bitch come to a screeching halt now! Definitely worth spending the money on, especially for track riding. No brake fade whatsoever no matter how hard I beat those calipers.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Here she is with my buddy's GSXR at our track day a few weeks back.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Damn dude, that's a looker. One of the nicest ZZR/ZX6R's I have seen aside from Ben's. Need some rearsets though, that is my pet peeve, hate foldy foot pegs.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Good on you for riding it too.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Damn dude, that's a looker. One of the nicest ZZR/ZX6R's I have seen aside from Ben's. Need some rearsets though, that is my pet peeve, hate foldy foot pegs.
Well if you PayPal me about $300, then I'll grab some. :biggrin:

On a serious note, I do want some, but they're very pricey. For the purpose the bike serves, I can't justify the cost just yet. Maybe after I get the time to do regular track days. Thanks for the kind words, bro.

Good on you for riding it too.
Oh it ran on rails around those turns at Shenandoah. All the suspension mods I've done were definitely done for more than a different look. The steering damper (stock Ohlins with custom brackets) needs some TLC though. Only felt a little wobble, but otherwise not a big deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of my favorite mods was to cut my Yoshi pipe down about 5", sand, prime, and paint it black. It looks a lot better, and being shorter doesn't make it much louder from what I can tell. Another great thing about this mod is that it was very inexpensive and was a total do-it-yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my mods, but a Yoshi pipe was mentioned and this mod was the first I thought of. I also love my 07/08 ZX6R swingarm, 05/06 ZX6R wheels, 05/06 ZX6R forks and triple trees, 03/04 ZX6R tail swap, etc, etc. There's a shit-ton of stuff you can do to that bike.
I dig that tail! Ive been wondering if there was a way to remove the mud gurd but keep my signals and the same tail. Any ideas? somebody suggested taking a hacksaw to it but idk bout that...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
it's your first bike. hold off on any 'mods' for the time being. it would suck to throw a bunch of money into it then dump it a month later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's your first bike. hold off on any 'mods' for the time being. it would suck to throw a bunch of money into it then dump it a month later.
haha Alright man

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I dig that tail! Ive been wondering if there was a way to remove the mud gurd but keep my signals and the same tail. Any ideas? somebody suggested taking a hacksaw to it but idk bout that...:rolleyes:
Razor knife will cut through that plastic with ease. Just go slow and wear leather gloves to be on the safe side. What you do is take the razor knife and cut off the mud guard along the bottom edge of the trunk. If you look closely you can see that the trunk is a box shape. You shave off all that extra crap, then take your license plate bracket and reinstall it just under your tail light, and your signals can be reinstalled on the sides of the trunk tucked up closer to the tail as well. That's what I did when I first got mine, only I got an integrated tail light and trashed the turn signals. I would suggest smaller more stylish signals which are easy to find and install.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.