Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all probaly know I'm pretty new to this forum and to ZX6R's.

Here is a pic on my bike. I'm looking for suggestions on stuff I can do to the bike that will not cost and arm and a leg. The bike is pretty stock and I'd like to do some stuff to it.

Here is whats already done:
Muzzy pipe
jet kit
flush signal on the back
under tail kit
rear wheel hugger
smoked windshield

If you are kind enough to make a suggestion please add a link to see what you are talking about and about how much it would cost.

ie: you dude you need to add a seat cowl...check it out zx6r.com

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Here is my bike/2000 zx6r
/forum/uploads/n0z/mybike.jpg

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Next? I'd say:

Short stalks or flush mounts on the front turn signals.
Indiglow gauges.
Steering damper.
Frame sliders.

-Flash

·
Registered
39 Posts
IMHO .. get rid of the green hugger .. dont like them ... and living in America .. I guess you are only going to use the bike in the good weather so dont need it ... back end looks a lot better .. jack it up ride height wise aswell make that rear tyre look even fatter .. get a harris performance braced alloy swingarm instead .. take the reflectors off of the front forks .. a set of AP racing calipers and braking wave discs.. seat cowl .. double bubble clear screen .. carbon yoke protector .. anodised fuel cap ..polish up the frame if you want .. or get it done in another colour .. custom paint job .. gold x ring chain .. harris race performance y frame to replace the H frame .. a new AP master cylinder .. full TI Akrapovic system ..carbon ram air covers .. HID lights ... Marchenisi Racing wheels ..Ohlins suspension and sterring damper .. and new fork internals .. alternatively whip the USD's from a 7RR and that should about do it ... :D

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Soul has spoken.

But he forgot one thing, fuzzy dice. I think Soul missed this part, "I'm looking for suggestions on stuff I can do to the bike that will not cost and arm and a leg."

-Flash

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow....now thats a suggestion. Especially the fuzzy dice.[:p]

I need to look into some of your ideas. (because I don't know what you mean.... hehehe) But thanks for your input. I'll definatly check into some of it.

But the rear hugger.....I like it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
HID's would be sweet but they are expensive and polishing the frame is nice and I've read you can do it yourself but I don't know about the result from do it yourself and of souls mods I say don't jack it up, you affect the bike adversely when you do that, you'd move the engine up which will make turning more difficult plus lifting it makes you slower.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definetely get rid of those factory turn signals, maybe polish the wheels and frame. I like the green hugger, keep that.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
get flushmount front turn signals, remove most of the stickers, and polish the rim lips. take pics from the right side everytime so the shiny pipe shows, it will look good if you polsih the lips as well.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
How about doing a track day and knackering up yer tires some, that way you can really have something most riders don't ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.