Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Oulton Park (uk) for my first track day on the 14th and would like any tips from experienced track day riders. My BT014s have done 850 miles so hopefully they will last, so any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
your tires should still be good to go...just drop some air pressure on them (at the track). lube the chain,check oil level,standard maintenace stuff.
Also if you ever use a raceshift or streetshift pattern, be sure you remember what you are running with this bike.
other than that have some fun bring all kinds of snacks,water,extra parts if you have them and some tape for the blinkers and headlights.
Enjoy yourslef and Pics when you get them.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
good advice.

The best thing to remember about a track day is "fun". You are there to have fun, not to pass anyone or prove anything. That is the quickest way to get yourself into a situation that ends badly. "I can pass this guy" attitudes don't determine whether that guy has race tires and is an experienced rider. Just go your pace and have fun.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My advice is, make sure your tires are warm and where your back protector. If you don't have a back protector get one.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by Ernie
good advice.

The best thing to remember about a track day is "fun". You are there to have fun, not to pass anyone or prove anything. That is the quickest way to get yourself into a situation that ends badly. "I can pass this guy" attitudes don't determine whether that guy has race tires and is an experienced rider. Just go your pace and have fun.
I had that attitude on the last track day, and had two pins in my little finger for a month after my crash. I will never have the full range of motion in it as before. Just have fun...

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
relax , relax ,relax
talk to the people you are pitted with.
help them set up or what ever
cause if things go bad you will want an need help yourself.
Have fun , you can learn just as much off the track as on
if you open your ears ...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
some tape for the blinkers and headlights.
Enjoy yourslef and Pics when you get them.
also pull the fuses for your lights other wise they will bake the tape on and realy hard to get off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.