Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did a track day last weekend and it poured the whole time and i didnt have any rain gear, so obviously my suit and gloves got soaked. Well when i got home i just threw them in the hallway figuring they would dry out but now they're still damp and smelling kinda moldy. How should i get them cleaned? Are there leather places that can do that or something? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Drycleaners can often do leather cleaning, but it's pricey and doesn't remove sweatstains - my suit costs about $94 to get done.

You can also use saddlesoap and your bathtub, google on how to get big pieces of leather (horse tack) clean and not harden when it dries.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you have a removable liner remove it and wash it with 1/4 cup of Pine-Sol per machine load. Spray leather down with Fabreeze. If you don't have a removable liner spray everything with Fabreeze and prey.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Use saddle soap for the leather and if the inside still stinks, soak it in the tub in woolite, pull out and let hang dry outside until dry...works better if you can turn the suit inside out. Do the inside in the bath, then turn back around once dry and do outside. Have wife / someone else put suit on, or you put it on and have them or you clean suit with saddle soap and light scrub brush..good as new.

(if you can't find a cleaner in your area to do leather)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.