Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt in the race sadly i was at the gas station filling up, but i heard the reving and i look up to see this crusier and camaro shoot off and race for the lane (it merged to 1 lane...they were neck and neck then i see the cruiser slam on his brakes and get behinde the guy and then rev his engine. Kind of a like a okay so you beat me but my bike is louder than your car thing... then the guy reved his engine...IMO it was just as loud or louder.. sounded like he was running no pipes at all, mabye he just lobed them off at the manafold. ha

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Some of the new power cruiserd are getting pretty fast....

but generally you're right...

Just curious why hasn't anyone made a really fast cruiser? I guess it would scare to many people away from motorcycles ;)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i saw a special on the discovery channel showing this fast cruiser bike. something like 240 hp and coming from factory. looked like a normal cruiser too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Some of the magnas are pretty quick. They're fast off the line b/c of the low-end torque if the driver knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
WHAT!! A 502 Big Block shoved in a motorcycle. Thats just not right. Granted that is one huge rear tire, there is no way that you could put that kind of power to the ground. I have a 91 5.0 Mustang pushing nearly 400hp with 245/55-R16 Tires and I can hardly put my power to the ground.

Just wanted to point out that that is frekin Crazy!!

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Speed

WHAT!! A 502 Big Block shoved in a motorcycle. Thats just not right. Granted that is one huge rear tire, there is no way that you could put that kind of power to the ground.
I beg to differ. A guy I work with just traded a fully restored 69 Corvette Convertible and a few grand cash to his dad for the same bike, only black. His pops paid 36,000 for it brand new. It has the 502, and has a limited edition plate bearing the bike number on the tank. It is disgusting loud, almost like a stock car. I've ridden with him on it a few times, and when he lets it rip, he's gone in an instant. He has smoked the tire at over 70 on the highway, but the rear tire has some amazing grip from a stop. He can't touch me in the twisties, but on the straights I don't have a prayer. He always jokes and tells me not to park next to him cause when he starts it, it'll suck my bike into his carb and screw up the jetting...:)
Oh yeah, and he gets less than 10 mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.