·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This 1990 live song below (in 1991) is more pop than rock, and is everything I hate about newer music- it has background crap dance music, and no real skill shown for instruments or singing, but it it is catchy enough to be a memorable one hit wonder.

The real name of the song is Groove is in the Heart, but I call it "Poop is in the Shart":
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwjoS-2zm9E
-
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more live by Ace in the 1970s, called How Long.

"It could happen to us any day" is more about falling out of love in the song, but it could also be thought of for the chances for dropping your bike:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAVl_IJV5eI
-
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another live 70s song, but an intro about them from Wikipedia first:
-
-
Redbone is the first Native American rock group to have a #1 single in the US and overseas.

The Vasquez-Vegas brothers moved to Los Angeles in 1969 to form the group Redbone, due to Pat winning one of the first singing competitions held by Coca-Cola.

They began playing local shows on Hollywood and Sunset Blvd, at local clubs like Gazzari's, as well as playing guitar and bass on legendary records from Elvis Presley, Tina Turner, Sonny & Cher, plus many more.

The name Redbone itself is a Cajun term for a mixed-race person ("half-breed"), the band's members being of mixed blood ancestry.

Patrick and Lolly Vasquez-Vegas were a mixture of Yaqui, Shoshone Native American and Mexican heritage.

According to Pat Vegas, it was Jimi Hendrix - himself part Cherokee - who talked the musicians into forming an all-Native American rock group, and they signed as the band "Redbone" to Epic Records in 1969. Jimi Hendrix also stated that Lolly Vegas was his favorite guitar player and biggest influence in music.

The band then consisted of Pat Vegas, Lolly Vegas, Peter DePoe and Robert Anthony Avila, a Yaqui-Mexican American, better known by his stage name Tony Bellamy. Their debut album Redbone was released in 1970.

Their first commercial success came with the single "Maggie" from their second album, Potlatch, in 1970, and two other hit singles followed - "The Witch Queen of New Orleans" (1971, #21 on the Billboard Hot 100) and "Come and Get Your Love" (1974, #5 on the Billboard Hot 100).

"Come and Get Your Love", written by Lolly Vegas, remained on the chart for 24 weeks, and was certified gold by the R.I.A.A. on April 22, 1974.

On December 25, 2009, Tony Bellamy died from liver failure at a hospital in his hometown of Las Vegas, and less than three months later, Lolly Vegas succumbed to lung cancer at his family home in Reseda, California on March 4, 2010.

In 2014, "Come And Get Your Love" experienced a resurgence in popularity when it was featured in the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy, as one of the songs on a mixtape made for the protagonist, Peter Quill. It was also included on the film's soundtrack album, which reached the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart.

Linked below is a live 70s video for their song titled The Witch Queen of New Orleans:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUii4gFGZQ
-
-

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
42,995 Posts
Cheap Trick live, the Surrender song:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB9lhHqmsE

-
-

Cheap Trick, as I'm sure you know, broke big with the "Live at Budokan" album, particularly the song "I Want You to Want Me". But did you know they weren't even going to play that song for that performance? It wasn't on their set list. Right before they were to go on, their manager told them the set list was too short and they needed to add some songs to it. They added "I Want You to Want Me" and the rest, as they say, is history.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Want You to Want Me is one of my less favorite Cheap Trick songs. I'm not sure if you have seen this 2009 live version of it, with a couple of minutes of intro about a girl sending herself to the band in a UPS truck:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCFOvGyXC8
-
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
42,995 Posts
Live for the Charlie Daniels Band in 1980, when butthead gumby hair Ronnie Raygun was our president, the Uneasy Rider song:
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8ARJWSf6g&noredirect=1
-
-

Hate all you want but he was exactly what the country needed after Carter so thoroughly fuqqed it up. Can you imagine how different things would have been with the Soviet Union had someone like Carter or Obama been president through the 80s? Reagan ended it.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to who caused the most debt, Reagan is the first big money waster after WW2, and Obama was stuck with 2 wars to pay for and a House and Senate that refused to raise taxes to pay for them, before he started and during the last 7 years:
-
-
National Debt Graph by President
-
-
According to private jobs created, the Repugnant-cants lose again:
-
-
Job Creators
-
-
The only thing Reagan did was say “tear down the wall” after the USSR fell apart on its own, and shortly before the East Germans tore the wall down by themselves. This former actors’ union president fired thousands of striking air traffic controllers, and also released thousands from public mental hospitals for an unknown amount of death and suffering, but conservotards will always use smoke and mirrors and rewrite history in their favor.
-
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
42,995 Posts
According to who caused the most debt, Reagan is the first big money waster after WW2, and Obama was stuck with 2 wars to pay for and a House and Senate that refused to raise taxes to pay for them, before he started and during the last 7 years:
-
-
National Debt Graph by President
-
-
According to private jobs created, the Repugnant-cants lose again:
-
-
Job Creators
-
-
The only thing Reagan did was say “tear down the wall” after the USSR fell apart on its own, and shortly before the East Germans tore the wall down by themselves. This former actors’ union president fired thousands of striking air traffic controllers, and also released thousands from public mental hospitals for an unknown amount of death and suffering, but conservotards will always use smoke and mirrors and rewrite history in their favor.
-
-

:crackup:

Yea, because tearing down the wall was just a little old thing anyone could have done. :lol:

Reagan broke the Soviets economically, they couldn't keep up and we had unprecedented economic growth in the 80s. Yea, the debt grew because tax cuts promised by the democratically controlled congress, NEVER CAME. Talk about re-writing history. Classic.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
"The thing about liberals is, everything they know just isn't so".

Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From Wikipedia, about the Reagan teflon presidency:

In the savings and loan crisis, 747 financial institutions failed and needed to be rescued with $160 billion in taxpayer dollars. Revisions to the tax code during Reagan's term included the elimination of the "passive loss" provisions that subsidized rental housing. This with some other "deregulation" policies, ultimately led to the largest political and financial scandal in U.S. history to that date, the savings and loan crisis. The ultimate cost of the crisis is estimated to have totaled around $150 billion, about $125 billion of which was directly subsidized by the U.S. government, which further increased the large budget deficits of the early 1990s.

As an indication of this scandal's size, Martin Mayer wrote at the time, "The theft from the taxpayer by the community that fattened on the growth of the savings and loan (S&L) industry in the 1980s is the worst public scandal in American history. Teapot Dome in the Harding administration and the Credit Mobilier in the times of Ulysses S. Grant have been taken as the ultimate horror stories of capitalist democracy gone to seed. Measuring by money, [or] by the misallocation of national resources... the S&L outrage makes Teapot Dome and Credit Mobilier seem minor episodes."

Economist John Kenneth Galbraith called it "the largest and costliest venture in public misfeasance, malfeasance and larceny of all time."
-
-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 127 Posts