Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've got nothing against Indiana, but what kind of education do they require to be a writer? Even the quotes don't make sense!

Jmickle - you doing Barber on Father's day weekend? I think I'm gonna have to head down there and raise some hell too

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Strong Bad

I've got nothing against Indiana, but what kind of education do they require to be a writer? Even the quotes don't make sense!

Jmickle - you doing Barber on Father's day weekend? I think I'm gonna have to head down there and raise some hell too
Ok, what's going on there next Father's day?
Here are quotes from the two riders:
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/ims/news/story.php?story_id=2024

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Sportbike Tracktime is hosting a weekend long track day at Barber. I've been itching to get down there and crash no no ride around the place!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Strong Bad

Sportbike Tracktime is hosting a weekend long track day at Barber. I've been itching to get down there and crash no no ride around the place!
That sounds good to me! I might have to hit the track next year!!!They just said on the local Indy news about maybe running an event in conjunction with the USGP. I wonder how that would fit into the schedule?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The whole premise of it would be the race would have to be run the weekend before or the weekend after F1 came through. Not like that nascar (I refuse to capitalise that acronym) really matters to me, but that is their money maker so IMS has to cater to it. Fynny how it works though, when nascar comes to town it's like the whole fuckin' paddock is full of trailer homes, like a roaming trailer park, accent and all - it amazes me there are no tornados around when nascar comes through.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Would this be your typical circular Nascar track? If so, I am not all that excited because it would almost be as boring as watching cars make left turns all day. But, it would allow for some pretty constant top speeds.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The F1 cars run the infield at Indy... and except for being FLAT, it's actually a cool track, and great for spectators because you can pretty much see it all (or most) from the grandstands on the start/finish straight.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Both Jake and Vince (who's cool as fuck by the way) said the track was billboard smooth. When it's only used once a year I would sure hope so! Obviously it wasn't put together by anyone from Michigan's road commission.

If they can set a "modern day" attendance record for F1 at The Brickyard, I hope the same can be done for AMA SBK. I just hope that the AMA gets their head out of their asses with these bullshit rules they've put together for next year. I don't know what their deal is, but it seems like they really don't want anyone to race bikes in their league.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah actually, read today that the AMA Kawi camp is gettin' a little steamed at the AMA for draggin' their heels releasing the Superbike rules for next year. They've got plans to develop the ZX-10R for Superbike, but only if the rules will make it competitive and practical to develop the bike. They wanna get crackin' but the AMA is being difficult.

Here's the story here

Also, for any AMA fans, Kawasaki has reportedly signed Roger Lee Hayden to ride with Tommy next year. Hmmmmmmm... mebbe we'll see Nicky on the ZX-RR next year ???

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I seriously doubt you'll see Nicky riding a Kawasaki. Honda has had the checkbook open for him since his rookie year in AMA 600 Supersport when he started off riding a Yamaha as a privateer. If anything, you'll see him riding the '211 alongside Tamada or Gibernau next year as I feel Rossi is going to be headed to a new challenge within the paddock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.