Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I'm glad I don't get speed tv. And I've heard about this show for their small bit of NON-NASCAR programming! I endured once their coverage of a GP race once and I thought it sucked. I would much rather see the so-so to moderate quality of before, during, and after a race on the motogp.com website than have to find a bar that would actually SHOW a GP race that gets speed tv. Plus, the beer's a hell of a lot cheaper at home than at some bar that has the sound turned down if and when they show it!

strat

·
Registered
635 Posts
What's supposed to be the purpose of that show? I saw a commercial for it. Looked kinda retarded [:M75]

·
Registered
571 Posts
While we're on the topic, Sport Rider has a poll going. Throw your two cents in. It'll be interesting to see how the poll turns out.
http://www.sportrider.com

I hope this show goes away fast. My eight year old sat next to me while we watched the premier show and kept saying 'dad, I don't like this', 'dad, this isn't good.' Even an eight year old can see what garbage is spewing forth from Speed. Even worse than the typical NASCAR sewage the network seems to exist for. Don't get me wrong; I like all forms of motorsports and racing. But NASCAR quit being about racing a long time ago and is now nothing more than a massive marketing machine and is no longer about the racing.

I digress, Superbikes! the television show currently on Speed is total and absolute crap! Now I will know why that soccer mom in her minivan is giving me dirty looks, she either saw a commercial for, or an episode of Superbikes! The motorcycling community as a whole has always been given a bad reputation because of the few that spoil it for the many. This television show will do nothing but promulgate this misconception and, in my opinion, endanger the lives of riders everywhere.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not so fast to sign the petition. I will agree that the first episode was focused on stunting and such and may have left a bad taste in the mouth of the motorcycle community; however, I just watched the second episode that I had recorded on my DVR. The show actually has promise. The second episode focused on riding at the track and canyon riding. The canyon riders even got pulled over by the popo for speeding; how's that for real life? But when they were talking after the tickets, it sounded like the conversation that you hear all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
you guys all jumped the gun on this one.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
[:M22]

I'm 1202! and on the sport rider poll I hate supersquid bring back TWT is at %49 and only %16 vote I'm a squid and I like supersquids. As for you'all that are saying your jumping the gun...first impressions are lasting and the harm has been done, FUCK SUPERSQUIDS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.