Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a gmd optimization "sweet numbers" on their 05/06? I have the forks revalved/resprung and a ohlins rear shock done by them. What are the sweet numbers for our bikes? Is it worth the $500.00 to have it done?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
There are no "sweet numbers" for any bike as all riders are different. If you had a shop redo the forks and install the ohlins rear, they should have set the suspension up for you all ready and you shouldn't have to touch it for a while.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
There are no "sweet numbers" for any bike as all riders are different. If you had a shop redo the forks and install the ohlins rear, they should have set the suspension up for you all ready and you shouldn't have to touch it for a while.
+1, One of the perks you get when you have a shop, upgrade your suspension is that they should set it up for you. It doesn't take them much time.

As for the sweet numbers, even if you had two riders of identical height, weight and body proportions (leg and arm length), their optimum suspension settings should still differ. If 1 individual prefers more sag than the other and in turn also changes the preload and rebound to compensate, then it wouldn't match the other identically sized person. Each rider rides differently and needs their own fine tailoring. No universal sweet numbers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys keep the stock ride height or play with raising/lowering your forks? What about the ride height for the rear, leave it at stock height and just set the sag and play with the clickers?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Start with the stock ride height until you get the rest of the suspension sorted for the most part. Once you have a good idea of what you have going on, then you can start tweaking with fork height and rear ride height.

Just remember that whatever you do, do one change at a time and record what you change/do. That will allow you to go back to what you had before if the change you make doesn't work or makes things worse.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Do you guys keep the stock ride height or play with raising/lowering your forks? What about the ride height for the rear, leave it at stock height and just set the sag and play with the clickers?
I personally felt that there was not enough weight over the front, so i have my rear raised two clicks. I also raised the front slightly because, in raising the rear I was having issues during hard braking after I switched to the NISSIN calipers. That helped stabilize the weight transfer to make hard braking an un-worrysome task.

+1 on making changes 1 at a time. Easiest way to problem solve. If you do too much at once, trouble shooiting can become a PITA!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info guys I appreciate it. I went with the pirreli diablo's and raised the forks 5mm due t the 120/70 size (stock was 120/65) and felt like the turn in was a little slower but next yr when I get back to the track I'll drop the forks 5mm and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I like my rear shock as hard as i can before its unbearable
If you want a vast improvement, get the suspenison setup so that the front and rear work at the same rate. It will improve tire wear, increase traction and feel more planted through the corners (Like it's on rails)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts