Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a new 07 ZZR600 and need some input about the suspension settings. The first day I rode it, it rattled the crap out of me. All the settings were close to the tightest, so I set all the front ones at about 1/2 way. There are no "clicks", I could only count how many turns. Now, it is better, but there is still something not how I want it. I am a 125 lb female. It seems a bit softer than it was when we hit rough patches, but I can't describe what needs to change to make it move even...it just seems to be too stiff still. It does not bounce, or do the Cadillac "float", nor do I want it to, but I just want it a little more smooth and less jarring. Anyone out there at about the same weight have suggestions for street riding settings?

·
Registered
543 Posts
on the zx6 you have 4 screw adjustments on the front end; 2 on top of the forks on two at the bottom. you also have a screw adjustment for the suspention shock. no clicks as you said just back it off all the way then count off how many turns you adjust it to, this way you'll know the left and right are even.
you can also adjust the preload on the front end but that takes a bit more than just a screw driver.
in bangkok the roads are shit, i've got my manual adjustments all set to the softess and it's fine.
check tire pressure as well, very important!
-anth-

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
On the ZZR the top adjuster is for compression, the bottom one the fork is for rebound. you will prob need to take some preload out of the front forks as well and back off some of the compression and rebound. The factory suspension is made for a 150 lb rider so it will be a little stiff for you since you are lighter than the factory setup.

Do like was said, count the amout of turn out from full stiff and make sure both saide are the same on all settings.

you might try Sportrider.com site, they have a suspenstion section with suggested setting for all bikes.

This is their recommendation for a 2006 ZZR600. They should work for a 2007 as well.

ZZR600 ('06) 10/06
Front preload - 6 lines showing
Front Rebound - 1.5 turns out from full stiff
Front Compression - 2 turns out from full stiff
Rear Preload - 9mm thread showing
Rear Rebound - full stiff
Rear Compression - 1.5 turns out from full stiff
note: Ride height: fork tubes flush with triple clamp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.