Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
going tomy first track day.... lately my bike has been feelign wierd... at high speed unstable i gues you coudl say.
Either that or i am just being a puss now.. i tend towards the later but the former is the first i'd liek to decipher since i am going to the track now...

anyone point me in the driection of some website or documents that teaches me the basics of suspension rebound, preloads etc what is idealhow to adjust or determine by feel what is best(i know it varies person to person)...

i am prety ignorant on the subject just know it is adjustable on the bike..

anyinfo appreciated... supossedly the bike is still stock suspension...
if it makes any differnce i have gained like 20 lbs since last summer ughh... running M1's now at 38 ft 40 rear.... per snake's suggestion but i'm not married to that ..
am doing a search on suspenion now in the archives...

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Black,

If it helps, these are my settings on my bike. You know I like to ride hard and my bike doesn't feel unstable at all. also, I run stock tire pressure but for the track lower that about 4 lbs per tire.

Front pre-load: 5 lines showing
Front rebound: 3 clicks out from full in.
Front compression: 9 clicks out from full in

Rear shock compression: 8th click out from full in
Rear Rebound: 10th click out from full in.
Preload: stock (our weight is similar with the height diff so you should be ok).

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP
flushmount v's, valter moto rearset adjusters, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.