Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try out the suspension setting for their 05 or 06 that was published in Sport Rider magazine?

·
Registered
380 Posts
One guy on here did and said that his suspension felt really soft at their suggested settings. He was basically saying it was ironic because their only real complaint with the bike was it's soft suspension.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used them as a base and then fine tuned from there. I weigh about 160 with full gear and they felt a tad soft. But based on personal preference I like a stiffer suspension.

Use them as a base and then fine tune from there.

Will

·
Registered
104 Posts
you have to adjust the sag to your weight, then u use the rebound and compression damping to fine tune it to your preference, i set my sag before the last track day and wow.. made a huge difference!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Try setting the sag when you're 220 with gear. 41mm is the best I could get with the forks. I wing it and do the best
I can with what I've got. I raised the oil level in the forks. I won't tell ya how much til I try it. For my weight I can bottom the forks at the track or a sudden hit of the brakes. As for the rear, I have about 4 threads showing on preload. Anyhoo, I've done several settings. Before a track day I take the bike for a spin and do some adjustments. Always have to do a few tweaks when I get there. Why?? Cause I'm always messing with it.:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
I up'd the oil level to 100 mm from 140mm in the forks. Hit the brakes pretty good and it didn't bottom out. I need to check the sag and see what I come up with next. PS, that was 3 lines of preload showing. I'm running Hyper Pro springs and they're slightly thicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.