Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I ride a 00 6R and I am about 220 with gear and all. I know that the stock suspension seting is for an average rider of 150 lbs. I was wondering how much a handling difference would it make to adjust the suspension to my weight? Could I do this myself or should I find someone to do it for me? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
do it yourself...it's very easy to just screw the small screws in the shock to the right to adjust your shock and rebound settings. To adjust the actual spring, you need the tool that comes with the bike. It looks like a wrench with two teeth to grip the two large holder...look like huge washers....just tighten those a bit and you should be fine.

I weigh 150 and the guy before me was about 220. Just now, a year since I got the bike, I found out how to adjust it...believe me; it makes a huge difference. Now I can get low around turns and not get bucked off the bike!

good luck.

Scott Parker
[email protected]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Be very careful and only change one setting at a time and then ride it, if that setting feels good leave it and change another setting. and so on. If you change everything at once and the bike handels like shit you will not know where the problem is. Good Luck

Canada Kicks Ass

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ntodda, there's a nice description of suspension set up on Sportrider.com (http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0006_susp). There's also a section about recommended suspension settings for different bikes tested by Sport Rider (http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/) but they're not specific for rider weight.

I agree completely with drezx6r: Change one thing at a time, and keep a record of EXACTLY what you've done each time (date, which setting, how you changed it, what it did to your handling, etc..You might also want to keep track of how much gas was in the bike, since a full tank may handle a bit differnt than an empty one) After a few adjustments, you'll see a pattern emerging that suggests which further changes could be beneficial, and which could be detrimental. Hope this helps.

Keep the g's on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
In Performance bikes(UK Mag) they published an article on setting up the G1/G2 that I have scanned copies of. Not too sure if the later models are that different. If you pass on your email address I can send them to you.

ooooh free goo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.