Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1987 ninja that was recently downed, a friend of mine has been painting it for TWO MONTHS!! i'm going nuts without it. two f'ing months. anyway, as my friend has been messing with the bike he's been trying to fix some things that weren't quite great on it. The shocks appear to have an air nozzle on them and upon closer inspection both shocks are empty. anyone know what is supposed to be in there? I'm not sure if its just air or some type of oil. My haynes manual should be en route as I type but i'd really like to know before it gets here!

second question: I broke the left footpeg off when i dumped it and i was wondering if the older ninjas shared those parts with any other models. I'd like to get something aftermarket for it but searching for aftermarket 1987 parts isn't that easy! i've been to bikebandit and the oem part is about 50 bucks, just wondering if any of you may know a different model that actually would fit and have a compatible aftermarket part.

i have tried searching for a while on here but i can't seem to find the info i'm looking for, any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
On newer bikes the shocks are filled with nitrogen, if the valve looks like the one on the tire I'd say the ones on your bike get filled with some air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts