Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 00 zx-6r and it handles great under 50 mph and ive never messed with the suspension.....i was wondering what suspension setups work best for higher speed cornering do you go softer or stiffer? thanks

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Start by adjusting the sag front and rear. Do a search and you should find a discussion. On the pre-2003 bikes you can raise the rear ride height all the way up and it will improve turn-in. You can find some initial setting for compression and rebound front and rear from Sport Rider's on line site.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
mm, going all the way up in the rear is a little much, especially for the street. Try 5mm or so first and if you like it raise the rear some more. I'm 6mm up on 70 profile tires (which lessenes the effect a bit) and I think that's great. I'll try 9mm next but I don't think I'll go all the way up until I get a steering dampener. So far, there's only one 200km/h chicane where I'd really want faster turn in out of the four tracks I ride.

swjohnsey, you raised yours all the way? how much is that on your bike? Do you have a dampener? Any problems with head shake, jiggles, tank slappers?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can't do that on a '03. Matter of fact, the old bikes '02 and earlier handle about the same with the rear all the way up as the '03 does with the rear all the way down. I started out with the front down 5mm and the rear up 5mm at the nut. The chief mechanic at the California Superbike School recommended I go all the way up in back and stock in front. The all the up in the back is slightly more agressive than the 5mm/5mm combination. When they tested my bike when it first came out they ran it 10mm down in front and 5mm up in back.

No steering damper and no headshake (so far).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.