Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen one of these this past weekend. is there anything different to these then regular gsxr's? I haven't seen one around before. any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Basically all SRAD means is Suzuki Ram Air Direct. Just Ram Air, nothing special, although back then it was a big thing.

·
Registered
916 Posts
you guys forgot the main thing V-Twin

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Originally posted by MrninjaRR
you guys forgot the main thing V-Twin
As far as I know, the SRAD was introduced on the GSXR600 and GSXR750. Those aren't V-Twins, but I have been wrong before.

--David

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits

As far as I know, the SRAD was introduced on the GSXR600 and GSXR750. Those aren't V-Twins, but I have been wrong before.

--David
You're right, but there also was the infamous TL1000R (damn I'd like me one of those), which was a V-twin and some years' bodywork had a big-ass SRAD decal on it.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Those GSXR 750s had fuel carbs from '96-'97, but from '98 onwards they had fuel injection.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
mrninja rr..... where do you get those pics from??

i mean...it stands for SuperRad...cuz big stickers mean somethin special

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel
Those GSXR 750s had fuel carbs from '96-'97, but from '98 onwards they had fuel injection.
fuel injection didn't come untill 2000 w/ the 750's and 1k's my buddy had a handfull of srads for doing stunts, slow as hell & carbed ;)

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Yep...SRAD was just a badge they put on their older models...it's just saying, "look at me, I have SRAD". Like the Twin Turbo badge on my Z, only not as bad ass. hehehe

The TLR's, last I checked, were pigs that were nearly impossible to keep from running wide.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My first bike was a gsxr600 SRAD. It was just an inline carbed 600. I thought it was the shit....until i got my kawi. After 1 ride on my kawi, the srad seemed old and archiac.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I almost bought a SRAD, then I slapped myself and bought a Kawi!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a gold srad 96 I think. bought it for $1000 from a dead kids mom
road it into the ground motor pop'd at 10k not bad bike at the time
ill tell you what the gold plastic fetched $900 on ebay

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by ironcourage
I had a gold srad 96 I think. bought it for $1000 from a dead kids mom
road it into the ground motor pop'd at 10k not bad bike at the time
ill tell you what the gold plastic fetched $900 on ebay
Green is for the money, Gold is for the honey's. AAAAH that paint hurts my eyeballs.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t<br>

fuel injection didn't come untill 2000 w/ the 750's and 1k's my buddy had a handfull of srads for doing stunts, slow as hell & carbed ;)
98 750 was fuel injected. 97 tl-s was as well.

i'd hardly call the srad's slow. my friend and i did some team challenge stuff on his 96 750. it made 121 at the wheel and handled well.

the srad GSX-R's were made from 96-99 for the 750 (96 and 97 carbed, 98 and 99 injected) and 97-2000 for the 600. it's just a nickname for the bubble bee-butt gsxr's from the late 90's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.