Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this thread was inspired by the ducati thread just recently started. i've grown tired of people talking poorly of other bikes. the ducatis, mvs, aps, and whatnot don't hear as much as the suzukis, honda, yamis, etc, since they're so exotic, but i'm tired of the bitching.

it's one thing to complain about a problem with a bike, but not make fun of it because it's not yours. if there's one thing i've learned about motorcycles, it's that there's no sense in bagging on every other ride out there. i see too many people make fun of the suzukis cause they don't like them or because of their riders. who gives a shit? sure it's funny to see threads about kickstand sensors, but it certainly doesn't mean every gsxr rider is a doofus.

the italians are on a different level when you go on a jap bike site. people talk poorly about maintenance intervals and how shitty they must be. it's a demanding machine. that is all. there are maintenance intensive bikes built by every manufacturer out there. i never thought much of the ducati until i rode it. you will be hard pressed to find a bike that handles that well anywhere else. if you owned a lambo, would you take it to pep boys for an oil change, or the dealership? somebody got it right in the last thread when they said the jap bikes are like civics. they run and run and you can blow off a few inspections w/o a world of trouble.

in closing, i'm tired of hearing everybody pigeonhole an entire bike or group of owners because you don't like it. don't think you're any different than them. if you go on a suzuki site, you'll see the same guys laughing at kawi owners. just enjoy the bike and forget about the rest. everybody gets so brand specific that they build this superiority complex in their head. where the kawi shows shortcomings, the yami may shine, etc etc etc.

pride in your ride. that is all. praise be to crjbeez.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i agree completely.. everyone knocks on everyone elses bike. Even kawi owners knock on other kawi owners (i have a 250, most ppl laugh at that... although i have my reasons for getting it) But ya harley dudes will knock "crotch rockets" saying they arent real bikes...

I hate hearing all that shit too... we all have one thing in common, we like to ride.. whether u like to race around, or cruise on a cruiser, we all like the ride... we all like to network and meet ppl with the same interest, and we were all NEWbies at one point and didnt know our asses from a hole in the ground when we started riding....

but unfortunately, there will always be hating going on, and while everyone is too busy talkin shit on forums and such, i will be out RIDING, enjoying the reason why i got a bike in the first place...

and if i see a gixxer, or a honda, or a harley, i will drop my hand and show respect.... for the rider.. not the machine he chooses to ride.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and if i see a gixxer, or a honda, or a harley, i will drop my hand and show respect.... for the rider.. not the machine he chooses to ride.
that's what i'm talking about! amen brother!

and for the record, that 250 is badass. i rode one a few weeks ago and it was a total blast. if it has 2 wheels and a motor, i'm down to ride it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Kawasaki and I also have a Suzuki. In all honesty I prefer the Suzuki. I don't care what anyone rides. I only don't wave at scooters.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I got no time for people who are so brand loyal that they can't have to bash entire companies. The funniest part is that these people usually have never even ridden the company that they choose to bash....

I have a Gixxer and I really don't care that a lot of Gixxer riders are squids. How does that change the handling of my bike? I think there's a difference between giving people crap and true hatred though....I mean, I give Kawi riders crap cause they make fun of my Gixxer :D

I think most people are just jokin around....for those that are serious - they can rot in Hell =)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I wonder what gixxer guys say about us? We have a more powerful bike, better looking, most guys wear gear and we not labeled as retards who pull wheelies 24/7...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I wonder what gixxer guys say about us? We have a more powerful bike, better looking, most guys wear gear and we not labeled as retards who pull wheelies 24/7...
Mainly we just say how Kawi riders are arrogant assholes who judge an entire group of people based on the actions of individuals.

See, I can make stereotypical comments too.

They all think we're GREEN with envy of their superior stunting skills.
Rofl.....:D

·
Registered
537 Posts
I could careless about what someone rides I ride what I like. Only people I hate on are bench riders like 90% of people guys I see decked out in Harely gear and will bitch that I ride a sport bike but never rode a motorcycle or own one. Or the Busa humpers that don't own one or ride. I had the chance to ride a lot of bikes and for me the Kawi's and the Sussie's:D ergos fit me well.

·
Registered
592 Posts
For those of you that think Harley/Metric riders hate/dislike all sportbikes, you would be surprised. Damn near everytime I've pulled into a gas station or resteraunt with our riding crew and park next to crusiers, they all come out and admire the bikes. Always asking questions about speed (obviously), comfort level, braking performance, gas mileage, etc.

The most common thing I hear, is "Damn, if I were your age, I would have one of those things too!"

But to the OP- I agree completely. All modern sportbikes are built on DECADES of technology and R&D....none of them are bad by any means.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
I think most people are just jokin around....for those that are serious - they can rot in Hell =)
You mean to say, of course, "FSM's netherregions"? :D
so i keep seeing the word squid everywhere... what does that mean? a douchebag basically?
Basically, you pegged it, without getting too complicated. It's a motorcycle-spacific douchebag...like if someone's acting like a douchebag while on, or in regards to them riding motorcycles, they're a squid.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
In all honesty, one thing I've noticed is that japaneese sportbike riders in general tend to be WAY more biased and snobby and brand-centrist-assholes than cruisers, italian riders, or even some circles of harleys. Most die hard Italian bike junkies have at least one Japaneese bike in the stable that they take out when the Italian bike's in the shop because it's better than nothing...hehehe Seriously, though, you'll get a few bad apples on Ducati boards (conveniently almost entirely converts from the Japaneese bike world who are just acting on their assumptions that their stereotypes of Ducati owners is accurate, and that at the very least they're at least as much of a bunch of assholes as the last group they hung out with) who are italian-bike-only-snobs, but most of those guys have a healthy (and realistic) respect for every brand and type of motorcycle out there, from Dyna Glides to the Gixxer. And most cruiser guys, while typically older/"grown out of that stage", still have a strong curiosity and sense of brotherhood with any other rider, crotch rocket or not. The two times I've been stranded on the side of the road in my motorcycling endeavours, I was passed by dozens of sportbike riders before, finally, it was a cruiser rider (or in the second event, a whole group of them) who stopped and GAVE me some tools from their bags or syphoned some gas to get me back on the road. So...threads like these on a mostly japaneese sportbike board both make me :) and :rolleyes:. :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts