Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to go home from work and a fellow co-worker and I both park our bikes in the building he has a Suzuki SV650, I asked him how does he like it, he said its good but he wants something faster. We were casually riding down the street he took one way I took another.

I go over the bridge and there is another SV going over the bridge with me...

Him and I had the same intention so we held up the bridge traffic and when there was more then enough room he gunned it... I took him within 2 seconds and flew past him. We hit a red light and we were at it again.. I burned him off the line.. MAN I thought those things had some power. I can see why my co-worker wants something bigger.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Itty Bitty Squirrel Balls....
They weren't designed for speed, and properly prepped they can kick some a$$ on the track.

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yeah, the twin just won't hang with the inline 4 zx-6r...but like mentioned above, they are very fun bikes to ride. And can kick some ass on the track since their frame is suppose to be pretty damned good for a bike in it's price range. A few engine mods and some new tires, the bike would be a force to be recon with on the track...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
158 Posts
from the dyno runs i've seen, the stock sv650 is only 68HP. you do a few engine mods and it can out run a duc748 on the track. its a sweet bike though, especially for around town.

·
Registered
126 Posts
actually i ride quite frequently with an SV650 owner and i would love to have one as a "in the city" or stunt bike, they have great low end torque wich is really great where you mostly need power, in the city. They pull wheelies really easily , just roll it on........ highway he kept up not to bad either......id say if you like twins its a really cool bike, but for now ill stick with my ZIXXER!

off like a prom dress!

·
Registered
126 Posts
oh yeah.......forgot to mention the SV650 has awsome engine braking, which is really fun for hard cornering!

off like a prom dress!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
4 words: NICE - ENTRY - LEVEL - BIKE

Seriously, good styling, good price, halfway-decent beginner performance. Can't compare to a zx. Completely different class and target market of bike.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great bikes...lots of torque...fun to ride. Rode one a few times but it just doesn't have that big power you get from the 4 cylinder. You gotta love the torque from the twins though...real snappy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my brother races a svs650 (lightly modified). the guys on zx6r, r6,cbr 600 ect.. can beat the crap out of him on the straights! however, once its time to brake or turn he's all over them and usually past them. be careful when old guys on sv650's challenge you on a twisty road!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of my best ridding buddies has an sv 650, and let me tell you, it`s been the worst bike i`ve ever seen...First of all, as soon as it would rain, water would get in the front cylinder spark plug, causing the engine to misfire terribly. He once got stuck and found out the fuel pump current switch disconnected while he was riding. Right now he is attempting to tear down the bike, since he blew a rod (or at least that`s what the dealer told him it was). The estimate was 1300$
CAn. The bike is a 2001 with 16000 km on it. And he also had a 1999 i think, anyway he had gotten that one stollen but said it had lost a whole lot power and wasn`t running too well in the end. It was another low millage bike..

From what i know, an average sportbike can go through at least 50 000
km of torture and in the worst case, it might smoke a bit...

I find it pretty funny because the bike is said to be reliable...maybe just for a begginer....

go green or go home!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.