Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Got some EBC HH pads to replace my stockies.

Question: Is there any trick or prepping necessary to help prevent brake squeal when installing these new pads?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Nope. Take out the old ones, compress the pistons back in and watch your fluid level!, clean up any brake dust (if you pull the calipers off which according to the service manual you don't need to do) and put the new pads in. No anti-squeal needed like on a car.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You may want to give your rotors friction surfaces a slight sanding with some fine garnet paper. Then clean them with acetone or another high flash point cleaner to remove the particles.

I usually do this at every tire change as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 on pumping the brakes back up. If you pull the calipers off you can spray on some of that disc quite stuff.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Bed the new pads in correctly as well. Give them some heat cycles to cook the resin.

Good meeting you this past weekend at The Rock Store. Let me know when your up for some canyon runs !

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Adam. It was cool to finally put a face to the name bro.

I actually went back to malibu on Sunday in my leathers and did some riding. Nothing extreme, just enough to get back into the swing of it.

My god I suck now.[8D] I would probably hold you up at this point. Gimme a month or 2 and we'll definately get a Kawi forums SoCal group thang whatchamacalit going for sure.[:p]

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I don't know about anyone else's experience with EBC's, but I thought they burned up too fast. I bought them at a track day, and before that day was over, they were gone. I don't ride hard, and don't think that there were any other factors leading to this happening. I broke them in according to how a mechanic there, who also races, told me to. I thought that they had great feel while they lasted, but compared to what I use now (Vesrah RJL), they didn't last for shit.

Just curious if anyone else has had bad luck with EBC's.

--David

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
I don't know about anyone else's experience with EBC's, but I thought they burned up too fast. I bought them at a track day, and before that day was over, they were gone. I don't ride hard, and don't think that there were any other factors leading to this happening. I broke them in according to how a mechanic there, who also races, told me to. I thought that they had great feel while they lasted, but compared to what I use now (Vesrah RJL), they didn't last for shit.

--David
I had EBC HH pads in my YZF and they lasted just fine. Never tracked the bike tho, only street with lots of canyon riding. They had about 6000 miles on them when I sold the bike.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have heard a lot of people say that they love them, and I have heard a lot of people say that they hate them. Personally, I have just liked the Vesrah RJL's so much, that I think that is all I will ever use from now on out.

--David

·
Registered
8 Posts
I seriously want to hit the Rock Store. Anyone want to give me the guided tour to riding in Socal and the store? I used to live in Irvine and make it down there to Zooport Beach every couple months.

Jeff

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm running the Vesrah racing pads as well. I got my set from the track, installed them in about 20mins and now I can do stoppies with my pinkie finger. But seriously these pads are the shit..the run about 99 bucks per side for the racing pads but well worth it. [^]

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits

--David
I've never had a problem with the EBCs burning up. I've got at least 2 track days and maybe more (can't remember exactly when I installed the latest set) with no problems. I must also say, I'm not the latest/hardest braking rider on the track but I'm braking later/harder than I used to that's for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.