Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 636 rims will bolt up to the 06 ZZR600? If not, does anyone know if any other rims can be used ont he bike?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
well there is always nice aftermarket wheels....
Ben

·
Registered
181 Posts
if u take a rim from the 05-06 yes it will fit..i have a front rim on my bike now..i dont know about the back..havent tried it yet..but theres alot of parts that u can toss on the zzr that will fit from the 05 and 6..im thinken of doen a full front end conversion..jus not cosmetics..
here check it out.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice man, I have that same exhaust! Decent sounding pipe too.
So you didn't have to do any mods to get the front rim to fit the fork, or brake calipers or anything?
If you decide to throw on a back rim, let me know how it goes. I love the look of the 05 636 rims

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by wydetire
Nice man, I have that same exhaust! Decent sounding pipe too.
So you didn't have to do any mods to get the front rim to fit the fork, or brake calipers or anything?
If you decide to throw on a back rim, let me know how it goes. I love the look of the 05 636 rims
yea jus make sure u have the spacers for the 05 06 rims and it should line up perfectly with stock break rotars and pads and everything els in the front.i wana do alot of switches now that i know some things can fit on my bike..:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
hehe id have to paint it yellow tho...tryen to keep da tail yellow

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DanielsZZr6:

I have to admit, when I first saw your bike, I didn't like it. But lately, it has been growing on me, and when I stop to look at how unique it is, that makes it much better. The colors almost remind me of the old school "smokin Joe" CBR F3 from back in the 90s. That is not a bad thing, in my opinion, that was the best looking colors on the CBR.

If the rear mounts up, I am on the prowl for a set of 05-06 636 rims. I would keep mine the gun metal gray color, would look sweet on my silver 06 zzr i think. They are hard to come by though, but i think it would be well worth the difficulty finding them.

A question about your FMF exhaust: Have you had anyone on teh back of your bike witht he exhaust? Do they think it is too loud? I was thinking about getting the silencer insert for it if it is too loud for my gf.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hehe..my girl has ben on it and she loves how it sounds!!..i wouldnt put a silencer on it..jus gata get used to it..she also likes it when i bounce it off the red and blow a flame out of it when i get mad at a damn cage that instead of moving over they get closer to me..(assholes)

ohh and thanx for the complament:D.! much apretiated!! im still tryen to figure how to paint the fairings..but im sure it will look really good when i slap those suckers on there:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.