Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ,i need some help her on techcnical,i got a j2 and i want to fit zx636 06 swing arm,i have got swing arm.problem im having is after a bit of research the j2 wheel is bigger .i want to keep my j2 wheel and i have just spent out on powdercoating. also want to keep cost down was wondering about spacers from another bike maybe:confused:

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
There's a memeber here, Beard, that has machined a kit to make your rear wheel bolt right up.

http://www.lowcountrymachining.com/Products.html

Or you can grind down your spacers and caliper bracket to do the same thing. Maness1220 has the amounts that need removed. I think he may have had a machine shop do his though since it would be very difficult to remove the precise amount of metal in your garage by hand. I could be wrong though. When I did the swingarm swap I bought the 636 wheels also, which I found for cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers bud for info i will try and pm him,i have tried to get hold of beard but had no luck,there is a machine shop a stone throw away from me so i have that bit sorted,i might try and do it by trimig spacers ,i will also look at prices of zx636 wheels you never know i might get a bargain thanks for help larry

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
No problem. That's what I do. Ha ha. I scored my rear wheel for $80, and it came with the sprocket and rotor. Big score. Btw your J hub, cush, and rotor will fit on an 05-12 rear wheel. Just in case you find one without those pieces you won't need to spend more money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at 636 wheels ther not going cheap,i pm manness1220 just waiting for reply, bike is bits now winter coming.got loads to do to it .b1h rear end,zx7 usd,s about to get frame powdercoated and the swing arm. should keep me busy will keep my eyes open for 636 wheels.thanks for info larry

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
You're welcome. Glad to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts