Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting swingarm extensions and was wondering how many people have experience with them. I would also like any feedback or advice you can give me about them, i.e. reliability, performance, etc. I have a 03 636 lowered. Thanks in advance.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
they are fine, i haven't used them myself, but i know a lot of guy's that do. if you know someone at a bike shop (not a dealer) you could pick up a swingarm for bout $30-$40 bucks, cut and weld the pieces you need. guy''s i know, put inserts into the hollow of the swingarm for strength, then weld it up.

otherwise, extentions run kinda high. if ur into stretched & lowered, do it, u'll be fine

·
Registered
41 Posts
If your not planning on dragging it at the track then i would leave it stock length. To have an extra 6 or so inches on the bike makes the cornering even worse then after lowering it. I just recently took my extensions off after having them for about 2 years and raised my bike back up to stock height, for 1 I quit going to the strip and 2 was sick of not being able to hug corners like a street bike should be able to. So if you enjoy the street riding and flying into and out of corners i would suggest not stretching it. Its your bike tho i'm just trying to give you a heads up of what i experienced with mine. But anyways when i bought my extensions i paid about $250 for them and don't forget a longer brake line which will run about $60 or so for a SS line. I believe i ordered my extensions off of kneedraggers.com. PS. If you ever plan on selling the bike i would go with extensions over cutting up your swing arm!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. Don't know yet which way I am going to go with it. I will let everyone know when I decide what to do and post up some pics.

·
Registered
293 Posts
you live in kingsport right down the way from some of the best twisties in the United States why extend use it for what its made for...but to each there own i guess. i just moved back to florida after living in Greeneville, Tn this past year...I miss it so much......i used to work in kingsport...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.