Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have swingarm sliders? Do they really help in the case of a drop? Let me know!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am wondering the same thing, Does the swing arm really get rashed in a slide?

·
Registered
265 Posts
They do help, I know fom experience. It also protects the axle shaft and nut from getting all screwed up. Also you need them for bike stands.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got them on my bike, I've read that they can cause the whole thing to snap off tho in a crash. I'm leaving mine on there, having them snap off is better then having a screwed up swing arm

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I have them, but still haven't put them on.. I bought spools/swingarm sliders and frame sliders a few days after I bought my bike, and still haven't put the damn things on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
I have them, but still haven't put them on.. I bought spools/swingarm sliders and frame sliders a few days after I bought my bike, and still haven't put the damn things on.
Put em on, before you know it it will be too late...You have em protect your investment before it's too late!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
What are you waiting for? They aren't protecting shit if they aren't on your bike.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have them, shogun swingarm spools/sliders. Work great when I've jacked teh bike up. I let my brother ride my bike once, he dropped it, swingarm sliders took the back damage, didn't put on the frame sliders by that time. New fairings for the front, swingarm is fine.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I know, fellas.. I've been procrastinating with the frame sliders because they're Vortex cut sliders.. It's hard to cut into such an expensive toy. ;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
do a search and you will see swingarm sliders arent recommended and i know that from experience. if you go down, it can possibly break the mounting tab off of your swingarm.

now im left with a swingarm i cant get up on a rear stand anymore.

just use them as spools and put them on when you need to put the bike on the stand, and take them off when your done.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by stylin97
do a search and you will see swingarm sliders arent recommended and i know that from experience. if you go down, it can possibly break the mounting tab off of your swingarm.

just use them as spools and put them on when you need to put the bike on the stand, and take them off when your done.
They do make rear stands that do not require spools, you know

·
Registered
483 Posts
Originally posted by stylin97

True. I've successfully torn both off. One side was clean, the other left a nice little hole in the bottom of my swingarm. Going to look into the Rhinomoto sliders over the winter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
All you guys really need is a couple 22 cent 10 MM bolts from the hardware store.....screw em in when you need the stand....I actualy used a jamnut on mine and ran them on the bike for nearly a year before i bought some "real" ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.