Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a certain brand of spools that work best with our bikes? I got a T-rex rear stand and I bought ebay spools, metal ones for 11 bucks. Anyway the notch in the spools are so close to the base of the spool (close to the swingarm) that when I tried to put it up on the rear stand the lifting forks on the stand were rubing on the swingarm. Any ideas?

Also is there any rear spool that will mount flush to the swingarm mounting hole? It seems like you can only screw it so far until the base of the spool hits the outer part of the swing arm.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a set of Woodcraft spool sliders on mine. The lip on the spool pushed up against the right side of the swingarm but an extra washer gave it enough clearance. I was told that Kawi isn't very precise when they weld the spool threads on and my bike was one of the more extreme examples.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which brand would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I wasn't happy with the spool adapters on my PitPosse stand so I made my own set of adapters and some billet aluminum spools on the lathe at home. The problem with the original adapters was that the rear of the V section sits lower than the front so I didn't feel comfortable with it so I made the new ones to fit the spools I made so it's more like a U shape to cradle the spools more.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I am going to pick up a pair of Vortex. Does anyone know how close there red anodized matches the red on our wheels/forks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts