Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBC or LP both make swingarm spools, among others.

I like the KBC's better, because they're wider than the LP's which are narrower and tend to force you to be more careful throwing it up on the stand. They bolt in to the swingarm on the 2003, no modifications required.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
32 Posts
I want to get rear swingarm stand that uses spools. Based on what I have read at this forum,that is the best way to go. What are the best spools to get for 2003 ZX-6R and how do they install? Do you have to have them welded on or do they bolt on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn I feel stupid. I never noticed the bolt hole already welded to the swingarm. I guess I should have actually looked at the bike before asking the question. I haven't had to wash the bike yet, so that will be my excuse. Those bolt hole are ugly (even though I didn't know they were there), definitely need spoolers now!

dj, I found the LP and PitBill spools, where can you look at or buy the KBC you mentioned?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
number8, I can't find 'em on the net either... my dealer ordered them for me.

I'll be out at the dealer on Monday (or POSSIBLY even later today)... I'll try to remember to get some contact info for you and post it...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine from Pitbull . They cost about 20 bucks and installed without any problem . They look good and are very wide so its impossibel to knock it off of the stand .

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got LP for my 6RR, BUT (not sure about 6R's or anyone else) I had to get a nylon spacer (from Lowe's) and counter-bored that for the spool's lip to fit in and counter-bored the spool so I would have enough grip length in hole on the left side. Now, (visualizing as a picture) if you could cut the spool in half, the head of the bolt is where the stand will be resting on left side spool. Right side fit perfect, but since Kawasaki didn't place the spool mount flush on the left side like did on the right side, you will have problems getting your stand to work with LP. Not sure if that is the way all the 6R/6RR's are, or mine is a one time screw-up that slipped by, who knows? Just my experience.

Kelsey

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

You can get Sato spools from kyleusa.com.
The Sato frame sliders are great as well .. put my left side slider to good use on a lowside in turn 3 at Infineon - the track was wet and I hit the candy stripe with my front tire ... and away I go ... (watch the AMA superbike, supersport, superstock guys there this weekend on SPEED, turns 1, 2 and 3 always result in some tumbles).

Thank God for Sharkskins ..:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.