Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Wondering if anyone has the pivot width measurement for a 95 ZX6R?

I can't help you on that one but I'm really curious as to why you want the measurement. What are you plotting?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D I am thinking about a sssa from a Duc or a VFR, I really like the tube single sided swingarm that Ducati uses on some of thier bikes, and the one from a Honda VFR lends to some sweeeeet wheel options

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
:D I am thinking about a sssa from a Duc or a VFR, I really like the tube single sided swingarm that Ducati uses on some of thier bikes, and the one from a Honda VFR lends to some sweeeeet wheel options
I knew it. SSSA are WIN but I can't remember what the measurements are off the top. I wondered the same thing a long time ago and had a Duc, 955i, and my 97 ZX6R side-by side. I think one of the two would need to be shimmed a couple mm and the other one required a frame stretch, neither of which I was willing to undertake at the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well you see i bought a frame from someone on CL with a title for $65 bux... and its nice and straight, i bought it because my subframe is bent, it also came with abunch of extra parts, a complete motor minus the head, but new valves in the factory packaging, tw ram-air ductworks, whole bunch of little brackets... i wonder if i can just use the measurement on the frame...

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
well you see i bought a frame from someone on CL with a title for $65 bux... and its nice and straight, i bought it because my subframe is bent, it also came with abunch of extra parts, a complete motor minus the head, but new valves in the factory packaging, tw ram-air ductworks, whole bunch of little brackets... i wonder if i can just use the measurement on the frame...
Aww, you are golden. If you have the I.D. measurement of the frame frome pivot to pivot and the O.D. of the swingarm pivot bolt, you should be able to extrapolate what swing arm will fit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks tough-guy I was hoping that was the case, ill pick up some machinist calipers this weekend, once its more than a frame and a box of parts ill post some pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts