Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im a newbie but everytime i rock the throttle the front lifts up a little, thats cool but when i set it back down it gets swirly on me a jerks left right left right. i tried it for about an hour last night and every time the same thing over and over. i hold the bars stright as an arrow. its scares me sometimes b/c its does it really bad and i quickly get out of the throttle. is it b/c im letting the throttle out premature like a 17 year old on prom night. i dont want to have a really long wheelie and at about 80 i loose it setting the damn thing down.[?][?][?]

·
Registered
558 Posts
do you have a steering damper? i don't and when i land my wheelies my front end shakes too. it probly the road in combonation(sp?)with not perfectly strait bars. how hard does it jerk?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope no steering damper ill look into that and ask the local racer guys where i could get one. i land it around 30 miles to 50 miles and hour it jerks pretty bad. the faster i go the worse it gets. if i land it under thirty no jerk. but thats not really a wheelie

·
Registered
36 Posts
I land my 02 at 40-50 with little or absolutely no shake. No steering damper. Are you sure you're not turning the bars at all on takeoff or just before landing? The slightest mistake can cause a hell of an oscillation when the tire tries to catch up with the road...

Good luck, and be safe with that wheel in the air!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good call SB, that didnt cross my mind. Whatever it is you should probably check it out before ripping too many more wheelies.... I'd personally rather assume the safety gear works than test it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.